THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 29, 2011

Make a Daisy Hair Clip {tutorial}

Can you say cute?  Now you, too, can be the owner of an adorable little clip (you or your favorite little girl, whatever).  For this project you'll need

  • White fabric
  • Needle and white thread
  • scissors
  • fabric glue (I used Fabri-tac)
  • hair clip (and ribbon to cover, optional)
  • Yellow brad, button, or fabric covered button
  • white felt
Using scissors or a rotary cutter, cut six 2" squares.


Like this.


Now fold it once...


twice...


three times.


Fold the edges down to form the petals.


Clip the excess off,


so it's even.


Now stitch through the middle, making sure to catch all the layers.


Repeat that for all six petals.



Pull it tight.  Stitch back through the first petal to secure; knot and trim the thread.


Now attach the center.  I used an oversized yellow brad, but a button or a fabric covered button would look adorable too.  I secured it with fabric glue.  I would stitch the button to the backside.  See next picture.


Cut a small circle of felt and glue to secure the back of the daisy.  I made sure to get the glue in between the petals and on as much contact surface as possible.


I covered a hair clip with light green ribbon (I used hot glue, and just wrapped the ribbon on all sides of the clip).

Use fabric glue to adhere the flower to the hair clip.


Ta-da!  This will look adorable in your little friend's hair!! (or yours, whatever)

2 love notes:

HangerMom said...

Fun! With a slew of little girls in my house, I love making hair clips. (Cause heaven knows I can't afford to pay store prices for clips for everyone!). This one is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Happy Mom said...

Cute clip! I still have the bat clip you sent me!

I haven't been on for a while, but it was so fun to find that you had three or four posts that I hadn't read!

LOVE the pictures of the 4th and your trip to the American Doll store!

(I switched from outlook to firefox and can comment now!!!)