THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 16, 2009

Who doesn't love spiders in their cupcakes?

We had some fun making spiderweb cupcakes this week. I tried to ignore the nagging feeling that perhaps I should lay off the baked goods, but it started raining here in Seattle. And there's nothing quite like chocolate cupcakes to make the rain feel cozy. We started by frosting them orange (you can use my favorite Cream Cheese Frosting recipe at the bottom of my cinnamon roll post).

Then we used black decorator gel to draw concentric circles, like so.

Then we used toothpicks to drag "spiderwebs" from the center dot to the outside edge.


And we finished with assorted-color arachnid rings. Yummy!

6 love notes:

Happy Mom said...

Soo easy!!! I should make these with my kids!!!

No recipe at the bottom, however.

Things' Mommy said...

Sorry that was confusing! You have to click either "Cream Cheese Frosting" or "this" and it will take you to a post on cinnamon rolls, at the bottom of which is the recipe. I wondered if that was unclear. Let me know if you can't find it. Sorry!

Amy R said...

Yummy! Yeah, I often think I should lay off the baked goods. And other "goods" as well.

Sybrina said...

Cool! Thanks for sharing that!

knechted forever said...

OH YUM!! I love this idea TONS. That is so fun and I'm definitely going to use it for the treat i bring for a Halloween party this weekend! Thanks for the brains!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

So inventive and easy!