THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Going Batty

In the spirit of the spooky season, we made some bat hair clips! Who doesn't need flying rodents (I know, I know, they're actually mammals--it's just that "flying mammals" doesn't sound spooky enough) tangled up in their tresses? If you want some, too, there are two ways to get them.

#1-Make them

If you can't tell, this is sparkly black felt. Fold it in half and cut a bat shape, like so.


I used pinking shears to cut the bottom of the wings.



Cut a body out of regular black felt.







Stitch them together with white embroidery floss.


You can add eyes if you want. After all, no two bats are alike.


I covered the clip (I bought a whole box at a beauty supply store for just a few dollars) with ribbon, using hot glue.


Then I used hot glue to attach the bat to the clip.


And, #2 (perhaps even easier than #1)--Leave a comment and I'll pick some lucky people to receive their own batty clip! Just like you always wanted.
As you can see, I made more than we could ever use.

7 love notes:

the3girls said...

Pick me, Pick me! My girls would look darling with them dangling in their hair. You are so creative - I LOVE IT! I miss you tons

Miriam said...

I want one! It will be the envy of all the girls on campus.

Becky said...

So cute! I'll enter! I have not been in the mood to make anything lately.

dave&hannah said...

i wonder what dave would say if i was actually wearing one when he came home one day...

Happy Mom said...

ADORABLE!! You are impressive!

Melynie said...

Okay, I can't pick, and to do it randomly would leave some out, so I'm going to send one to each of you. L.H., I need your St. Louis address, though.

Love you all!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Adorable Luff!!!