THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Going Batty

In the spirit of the spooky season, we made some bat hair clips! Who doesn't need flying rodents (I know, I know, they're actually mammals--it's just that "flying mammals" doesn't sound spooky enough) tangled up in their tresses? If you want some, too, there are two ways to get them.

#1-Make them

If you can't tell, this is sparkly black felt. Fold it in half and cut a bat shape, like so.


I used pinking shears to cut the bottom of the wings.



Cut a body out of regular black felt.







Stitch them together with white embroidery floss.


You can add eyes if you want. After all, no two bats are alike.


I covered the clip (I bought a whole box at a beauty supply store for just a few dollars) with ribbon, using hot glue.


Then I used hot glue to attach the bat to the clip.


And, #2 (perhaps even easier than #1)--Leave a comment and I'll pick some lucky people to receive their own batty clip! Just like you always wanted.
As you can see, I made more than we could ever use.

8 love notes:

Karen said...

My daughters would ADORE those. I've either got to get some from you, or I'll HAVE to make them some. Love them!

the3girls said...

Pick me, Pick me! My girls would look darling with them dangling in their hair. You are so creative - I LOVE IT! I miss you tons

Miss Mim said...

I want one! It will be the envy of all the girls on campus.

Becky said...

So cute! I'll enter! I have not been in the mood to make anything lately.

knechted forever said...

i wonder what dave would say if i was actually wearing one when he came home one day...

Happy Mom said...

ADORABLE!! You are impressive!

Things' Mommy said...

Okay, I can't pick, and to do it randomly would leave some out, so I'm going to send one to each of you. L.H., I need your St. Louis address, though.

Love you all!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Adorable Luff!!!