THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Robot Fun

We had ourselves a little robot fun today. I simplified an idea I found in Family Fun magazine. We washed out some cans of different sizes, and taped the edges for safety. Then with the kind help of the folks at Home Depot, I picked out some assorted bolts, nuts, washers, etc. I started to hot glue the pieces onto magnets that I got at Michaels, but then stopped when I realized there was a good chance that I'd want the magnets for something else someday. Fortunately for me, the robot construction worked just as well unglued. Family Fun suggested all kinds of other fun "attchments" for our little metal Mr. Potato Heads--curly wire, etc. I had to keep it simple, though.

The kids are having a creative blast! And for only a few dollars, too.

3 love notes:

hannah k. said...

haha oh my gosh! Those are funny! They look like things from the movie "Robots" or whatever it's called. I bet the kids had such a blast! Wish i could have made one...

Happy Mom said...

Those are ADORABLE!!!! I need to do that with my kids!

Aubrey said...

way cute!