THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a Weekend!!

We are coming off a fabulous weekend!! We went to Skagit Valley for the Tulip Festival. How totally fun is it that there is a whole festival dedicated to one of my favorite flowers??? We also went to Deception Pass State Park, named by the mariners for the "deceiving" positioning of all the little islands and land forms in the pass. This was one of our very favorite Seattle days yet! We finished off the day with enormous ice cream cones from Snowgoose Produce, followed by naps on the way home. Wahoo!!!



This was an absolutely breathtaking sight!! And the smell was intoxicating.






We had so much fun hiking on the rocky beach there, and the kids and J entertained themselves by squishing barnacles (which would then spit at us). Good fun.




12 love notes:

Stephen Baird said...

wow. beautiful photo set. fantastic eye for composition.
nikonsniper

Happy Mom said...

Love the pictures! What a fun day. And can I just say that you look adorable! What a slender babe!

Jessica said...

BEAUTIFUL pics! I love the Tulip Festival. I haven't been up to see it this year yet, but you are reminding me I need to. We have never been to Deception Pass, but we are always looking for great new things to explore here...so thanks!

EmmyMo said...

So glad y'all made it up there! Those are some of my most favorite places.

Laura F said...

Your hair is getting long, and it looks great! What a fun day!

Holly said...

The pictures turned out fabulous! I miss going there. They have the Bunnies By The Bay shop up there also. I was a camper (or a tenter) when we would camp at Deception Pass or on the Coast. I gave up camping after we moved away, couldn't find anywhere to even come close to the places up there in Utah.

Allison said...

Kind of looks like what I see right out my back door. Don't you just love the tulip fields. They are breathtaking!

Rough Around The Edges said...

So fun! Love the pics. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

mandy said...

Wow, you guys look like true North Westerners now! We finally went up to the festival this morning, but my kids were not quite as cooperative as yours in regards to picture taking. You got some great shots!

Zann said...

Mel, it sounded like a fabulous weekend. The pictures are all breathtaking. You of course are beautiful!!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

What BREATHTAKING views!!! And, can I just say how amazing you look!?! Wow luff, you are just as beautiful as the view.

Gina said...

What a place! Gorgeous family, gorgeous back drop, gorgeous photos!

Naps on the way home. Sweet.