THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Peep Peep




Want a yummy Easter activty? Try this on for size.

Chocolate
Chow mein noodles
Peanut butter
Jelly beans or chocolate Easter eggs
Peeps

1. Give everyone a square of waxed paper.

2. Melt chocolate in a bowl, according to package directions. Mix in chow mein noodles. (You can make as much or as little as you need. To make four of these I used 4 "cubes" of almond bark, and 2/3 of a 12 oz pkg. of chow mein noodles)

3. Let chocolate cool just enough so it's not too hot to touch (but don't wait too long--you don't want it to harden). Scoop a little pile onto each square of waxed paper and form into nest. Let it cool and harden.

4. Put a dab of peanut butter in the center to "glue" the jelly beans or chocolate Easter eggs into place.

5. Finish with a Peep.

Happy Easter!

7 love notes:

Allison said...

How adorable! I wish we could make them for FHE tonight but no Chow Mein noodles in the Netherlands!

Amy R said...

Yummy!

Devin & Anisa said...

LOVE Meg's hair in this! What a good mom. Will I try it? I can't say yet!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Totally cute idea! I am stealing it this year. I'll have to run to the grocery store to grab ingredients. Thanks luff! You're such a fun mommy!!!

Zann said...

Hard to believe I have all the ingredients. We will be making these tomorrow after my sister leaves. It will distract me from her leaving!

Zann said...

The boys and I made our peep nests today. It was a perfect activity for a rainy day. Thanks for posting it!

Chelsea said...

Thanks for the idea. We did it and the kids loved it!