THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 13, 2009

6 Lb. Ball



The Gold Star Mommy sticker award can be earned a million ways. Thursday, I earned mine by taking my kids bowling. We met up with some friends and paraded our collective 10 children into the bowling alley. Grumpy Cashier Lady actually told us we had too many kids. Oh, yeah. True.

Have you ever gone bowling with 10 small children? It is a riot. First, it's like bowling in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n. Seriously. You could see their little arms just straining to huck the ball down the lane, but it would land with a thud and meander down the lane. Some of the balls even stopped mid way, and one even started rolling back towards us. Hilarious. And then one of the mommies got yelled at for trying to remedy the situation, which was not quite as hilarious.
The kids loved the slippery floors, Girlie wanted to keep the velcro bowling shoes, and all the kids kept forgetting that you get two tries to knock the pins down. They actually seemed to lose interest before the first turn was over, probably because the ball took 1/2 an hour to reach the pins.

Sammy flung the ball, which then "bounced" (slow motion, of course) between the bumpers until it miraculously ended in a strike. Girlie caught right on and watched the screen for her turn, then used every bit of her 35-pound might to haul the ball in her skinny arms.

All the moms thoroughly agreed that one game (1 1/2 hours) of bowling was plenty, and we herded our littles out to the row of minivans.

Gold Star sticker.

PS: What do you think of my new "sexy nerd glasses" (as nicknamed by my sister)?

15 love notes:

Aubrey said...

You are definitely a brave Mommy! The picture is very cute! How big were their bowling balls? I'm sorry the bowling alley wasn't very family friendly, that drives me crazy. I love your new glasses! I hope we can see you this week!

Becky said...

Ha ha! How fun! We've only done Wii bowling...enough for me.

Jessica said...

Hey!
Mandy told me about your yummy cinnamon roll recipe on your blog so I had to come check it out!

Bowling was so fun! Definitely an experience to remember. ;)

Liam's Mom said...

You are sexy no matter what you put on your face. Promise! You are that hot.

Kudos on the bowling event! Slow motion is right! We went with a friend and her 4 kids a few weeks ago and it was sooooooooooo long! A second game would have taken another two hours.

Holly said...

Fun picture!
I love this time of year in Seattle. Have you gone up North to Skagit Valley for the tulip or daffodil festival? Are the azaleas all out in bloom? You are going to love it when it is berry season, you can go by the sides of the road and get all the berries you want. I miss Seattle, can I come visit?

mandy said...

We are such good moms. :)

mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea said...

I just love reading your blog, and today I did my usual routine and hopped on to see one of my favorite blogs (Little Birdie Secrets) and there you were, they featured your tutorial on how to hang pictures. Kind of fun to see you on there, and how do you know them?, I seriously check them out daily, love them!

Lea

Laura F said...

Love the bowling trip! What's horrible is I've still never broken 100 bowling, and with bumpers last time both Izzie and Erick beat me. So sad!

Holly said...

Answer to your question on my blog: Our favorite place to take visitors was Snowqualmie Falls and hike down and a little to the falls. Doable with the kids and best with warmer weather. The hike down is all shady and there will be spray from the falls. Take your camera! Some of my best pictures when we lived there are at the falls.

Happy Mom said...

Love the glasses!!! Reading your blog makes me happy! Keep it up girl!

Cory Elvidge said...

(whistle, whistle) Fab pinky dawling!

Zann said...

I took the kids bowling when my sister was in town last week. It was everything you described. Definitely bowling in slo-mo! You are a super mom for sure!

Amy R said...

love the glasses!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Nerdy or sexy...I'm going with totally sexy. I love them new glasses. The bowling is so fun too. I take the kids any day off they have. It creates so many fun memories and new nicknames!