THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 10, 2009

To Whomever Took My Load of Laundry:


Dear Sir or Madam:

Please give it back. The load that you so ungraciously lifted from my home seems to have contained all the matches to the socks, a bunch of Sammy's "Incredibles" underwear, and my favorite white tee. It contained the majority of my children's white socks, which I bought just last fall, so we are cycling through about two pairs each and makes it very difficult to get ready for kindergarten in the morning.

As I am the only resident Laundry Doer in this household, I assure you that I didn't put it anywhere. And as I have found no hidden cache of clean laundry, I must assume that you've absconded with our underthings. Just leave it on my front porch and there will be no hard feelings.

Sincerely,
Things' Mommy

PS: Because if I see you on the street wearing our clothes, you are in for a Negative Consequence.

6 love notes:

Amy R said...

This is so funny. Especially because today I was thinking about writing a post about a similar topic. I didn't, though. But anyway you and me, we're like this (what you can't see is me with my fingers crossed to indicate that we're thinking just alike). And I'm glad you wrote it because you told it so well:0)

Karen said...

Hey adorable girl...did you call me again? Bob mistakenly deleted all of our messages...he thought he remembered that one was from you. I wasn't sure if it was new, or the time you left a message before. Have a happy day. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a killer hosiery sale.

Happy Mom said...

I have a friend who's washing machine was acting up. She called a repairman and they found 5 or 6 socks had worked themselves into the mechanism. So you see, sometimes, washing machines DO eat the socks!

Liam's Mom said...

When Liam was 6 months old I lost a ton of stuff like you mentioned. A year later I found everything on the side of the dryer and/or underneath a bunch of junk I left on the dryer. I honestly think the Easter Bunny left eggs for you all, but took off with the socks.

Cory Elvidge said...

lol Melynie you are so funny

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

You're verbage is so great. I think there is a sockmonster that resides in this house as well. It's amazing how things just evaporate into thin air!?!