THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Something Weird Happened to Me

Strangely enough, when I posted last week, my blog was suddenly flooded with hits from around the world. Like, Bulgaria, Germany, South Africa, Canada, New York, etc. Like, we're talking 36 global hits in less than 15 min.

I'm more than delighted to share our life happenings with people I know, or at least people that people I know know, but this kind of weirded me out. So, for about 1/2 an hour, my blog became private. That seemed to take care of the "problem".

However, if, for whatever wacky reason, my blog becomes broadcast to the general online population again, I will consider making it private. In that unfortunate event, I would love to already have everyone's email who'd like an invitation. So, should you care to remain apprised of the goings on here, just leave your email address in the comments or email me at things.mommy@yahoo.com. Thanks!

16 love notes:

Happy Mom said...

My sister went private too. I'd prefer to keep mine public, but I understand your stress! If you happen to go private, I'd love an invite, but would prefer not to put my email address here. You might want to do something like Site Meter. http://www.sitemeter.com Its a free service that allows you to track who is looking at your blog. I just signed up today.

Jessica said...

I have mine private. I am sure most of the people who would look at it are fine people, but I just liked having that piece of mind. Especially since most of it is all about my kids! I would love an invite if you do decide to do it. Pretty sure you have my email, right?

Jamie and Lauren said...

laurentuerpe22@hotmail.com

Leslie said...

Please include me if you decide to go private. Otherwise, how will know when other blogs spotlight you? There's a chance that I'm coming to Seattle at the end of May for work. I might make it a long weekend and come and visit/stay with you? I'll let you know if/when it gets closer.

HJK said...

I think it's so awesome that you keep me so updated. You are great. Sorry this was a really boring comment.

Devin & Anisa said...

I HAVE to be able to read your blogs. They create such a funny picture. And Lynn and I love reading them. Keep my email!
Anisa and boys

Liam's Mom said...

Make sure your blog settings have it so you are not searchable on Google. I think that will prevent a lot of traffic to your blog.

You know I want to be in the loop if you go private. I wonder if you could add my email address to your post notification settings too, since you would no long show in RSS feeds.

Oh and since your wall hanging post was made public on Little Birdie Secrets' blog the other day, that might be why you got the increased traffic.

Allison said...

my email is arasmussen3@gmail.com.

I'm in Hungary so don't freak out thinking someone here is stalking you.

Becky said...

They probably googled,"Is it possible to go bowling with 10 small children" and voila! your post.

The Wrights said...

Add me to the list. And btw, I LOVE your new glasses! Good to see a pic of you every once and a while on your blog (; You look as beautiful as always!

Cory Elvidge said...

talk2cory@yahoo.com

Lynell said...

Hey Melynie- add me to the list- I so love reading your entries, very inspiring, maybe I'll join the blog world one of these days. How are you guys? Let me know if you don't have my email. We should get together soon. We have family in town this week. Fun to play tourist with them. Seeya later.

mandy said...

Weird! I wonder if it had anything to do with us posting your collage tutorial. I know I kept your blog address out of the post, but maybe people were doing a search for it? Craziness! I'm so sorry if we contributed to the weirdness!

Amy R said...

Uh, yeah, please invite me! amy_rhoades@charter.net. I keeping wondering about the same thing myself...

Laura F said...

So don't think because I haven't posted that I wouldn't DIE if you went private and didn't let me know. But I know how to get a hold of you should that ever happen, so... no biggie. But invite me, too, if you make the change.

Jason and Cori said...

larsoncori@yahoo.com