THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Wild Man Turns 4

Sept. 13, 2005, 1:18 p.m. Sam Sam the Wild Man entered the world peacefully. Then he cried for 4 months. He was a super intense little baby, and we should have realized, that was just...him. What a wonderful little guy we've had the pleasure of raising for the past 4 years. If there's one thing I could say about Sammy (and, believe me, there are a LOT of things I could say about him) it's that with him around, life is never boring. There is a home video clip of him laying on the couch, sick, when he was about 18 months. On the tape I say, "I just had to get this on film, because we've never, ever seen him sit still before."



We started off his birthday morning right with a great big sugar rush, compliments of Daddy. Not that he needs any help with energy. He is always full of life, so enthusiastic (about his love for us, about the messes he makes, the disaters he creates...), and really, really hilarious.

With his mesmerizing eyes and sense of humor, this kid keeps us on our toes. He wakes up early and whispers loudly to me that it's "WAKE UP TIME". He attends a co-op preschool (although he will swear to you that it's a co-ock preschool). He is fully self sufficient, which is a joy, but also makes for really interesting outfits. He loves anything athletic, and loves to pretend, and loves to eat.

He was beyond excited about his scooter. We were too, until a crash left a big gouge in my kitchen floor.
He is passionate about the ups and downs of life. Sammy reminds me of an ad I saw once that said "Some people duck down when life comes at them. Others stand up tall and say 'Dish it up, and don't be stingy with the jalepenos.'" That would be Sammy. He has a super strong will, and pretty impressive little muscles to go with it. J and I know he will be a force when he grows up.


Sammy insisted we have candles and sing to him at every meal. So, we put a candle (the self re-lighting kind) in his cinnamon roll at breakfast, his hot dog at lunch and his ribs at dinner. I asked him what he wanted for his special birthday dinner. His reply? Chocolate. So, we went with my Plan B.

We are having a friend birthday party (Batman themed) next Saturday, so instead of another cake, he chose to have a giant cookie cake.
We have so much fun with this little, I mean big guy. He is truly a joy. And even though sometime he makes 1/2 my hair turn white, and makes me pull the other 1/2 out, I adore him. Happy birthday, darling boy. I love you.

Here is the first post I dedicated to my guy-guy: Grocery Shopping with Sam Sam

7 love notes:

MissMim said...

Happy Birthday Ry! Give him big hugs and kisses from me! I miss those kids.
Thanksgiving!..

Happy Mom said...

What a fun post!!! I'm sure, with your excellent training, he will someday put all of the energy to work on important things!!!

Cory Elvidge said...

LOL! Ohhhhh, I miss him! Give him one giant squeeze from the Aunt Cory with Black Hair and a sweatshirt. :) :) :)

Amy R said...

Happy birthday big man! We miss your funny ways around here!

Holly said...

Such a handsome little man!

Devin & Anisa said...

Love that sweet boy! Miss his hugs and imagination. Thanks for sharing.

Liam's Mom said...

He sounds like a small boy I know. I think he and yours would get along so well that cleaning the house would be pointless.

Glad he had a fun day with candle-blowing at each meal! Great idea!

Where are the batman party photos? ;)