THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ask Me

It is cold and rainy here. Like, sweater and jacket kind of weather. Gloomy? No. It makes me positively giddy with excitement for fall decorating and baking. I baked zucchini bread this afternoon, and I'm this close to breaking out my bins and bags of autumn splendor. And it's prompted me to post another design how-to. The problem is, I don't know what you want to know. Because, not to sound like a design snob, it all seems kind of obvious to me. So I don't know what burning interiors-related questions you might have. So I'm asking you what you'd like to see a post on. Holiday decorating? Halloween crafts and activities? Color schemes? Leave it in the comments, and who knows? You might see your name up in lights. Okay, your name isn't going to be in lights. But maybe an answer to your question will be.

9 love notes:

Tasha said...

I was a little premature--pulled out my scarecrow stuff on September 1st (I figured I bring out the Halloween stuff soon enough). This cool weather is so exciting--baking season is almost here! I honestly think any tips or pointers you have are good--I'm not too aesthetically minded.

MissMim said...

I agree! Fall weather makes me excited! Oh, but I do want to know how you make those delicious pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

Happy Mom said...

Okay, since you asked, I've been in my home for nine, count 'em, nine years and I still haven't done window coverings in my living room or family room. My famiy room has a big fireplace flanked on either side by double stacked tall skinny windows topped by a half round. (I'm sure those are the correct technical names!)

Anyway, it's sooo tall and I don't want to block out all of the fabulous light that comes in. Nor, do I want to buy enough fabric to cover the whole thing -- I'm cheap!

I've wondered about doing some kind of light, sheer topper for the bottom windows and leaving the rest with nothing, but I'm stuck!!! I'd do something with them if I had a clue as to what to do! (okay, let's be honest, even if I had a good idea, it would take me months to get around to it!) My latest idea is to do a sheer valance and dangle light catching baubles at intervals, but I'm not set on anything.

The room doesn't have a style -- no style at all. As in, two couches, a chair, a tv, with a table on either side pretending to be an entertainment center (one's a coffee table and the other a side table). Are you getting the picture? Pretty, huh?

Anything that might inspire me to actually do something with it would be fabulous!!!

Happy Mom said...

Did I mention that the wall with the fireplace and tall windows is two stories? Yup, I meant it when I said it was tall!

Jessica said...

I AM SO EXCITED FALL IS PRETTY MUCH HERE!!!! Well, you know that since we just talked about it yesterday! I don't have a particular question...although now that you have seen my house you know that I probably SHOULD have plenty to ask. BUT-I am happy to hear anything fall related you have to say. Let's be sure to enjoy this season together. It's rare to find a friend who gets as giddy as me about this time of year.

Laura F said...

Please, how about a simple tutorial on fireplace mantles? I have been suckered into fall garlands more than once that I absolutely can not make look good in my house. Where do you put them, if not on a fireplace mantle, and how do you make them work? Also, let's talk fall centerpieces. Both formal for decoration only (tall) and small things you can see people over. Actually, any tidbits you decide to share would be helpful I'm sure. As soon as I can get my house clean this week our fall stuff is going up. I love this time of year, too, and it goes too fast!

Laura F said...

Can I just fly you out to decorate my house some year? :-)

Cory Elvidge said...

Wreaths!!!! Do you know how to do wreaths???? I have always wanted to learn how!

Amy R said...

I know what you mean. Fall really floats my boat.