THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Seriously?

The kids went on strike. That's right. I don't even know of a creative way to jump into this. Long story short, the kids got a hold of a huge empty box (we finally got around to the rest of the boxes in the garage...eight months later...) which, for some reason completely beyond me, resulted in a huge disaster in Girlie's room. And I mean huge.

Being the Love and Logic parents we are, the box was removed, and the kids were instructed to clean the mess up. The offspring were completely devastated at the loss of their box/cave/rocketship and the next time we turned around, we saw this:

That's right. They formed their own little picket line, each waving signs of protest.



"I am on strike"


"No more back massaging." That's right. We make our kids give us back massages, and here they are waving ultimatums in our faces. I think this one was my personal favorite.



And, finally, "I Quit."




It was too funny. We busted up laughing and had to applaud their creativity. I then explained that they didn't have a union to back them up, and they still weren't getting their box back.

17 love notes:

Happy Mom said...

LOVE this story!!!! Sounds like they've been reading Click, Clack, Moo!!

How cute is that?!

knechted forever said...

Oh my gosh! This is CRAZY! I Can NOT believe they did this! How do they even know what a strike is!? That is hilarious and so wild! Be careful. Who knows what they'll take next.

Things' Mommy said...

You nailed it, L!! That's exactly what they've been reading.

"Dear Farmer Brown..."

MissMim said...

Oh my goodness! That is outrageous! Too funny... little kids really are like sponges.

Becky said...

So hilarious!! What smart kids...and their signs even had sticks attached!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

ahhh...this was a goodie! I think one of my favorite posts! How creative of them! How old are they? I watched Dumb & Dumber the other day. Its been years, but I totally thought of you...just go. I LUFF you my dearest luff!

Devin & Anisa said...

After reading your post about having a hard time letting Girlie go, I had to smile. Because in her own 'grown-up' way she is showing her independence. You guys are so funny! Love this blog!!!

Amy R said...

Okay, now that is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen. Your kids are as creative as you are!

Wright said...

HILARIOUS! I had to have Jas see it too!

Carolyn said...

HILARIOUS! This is fantastic!

Cory Elvidge said...

LOL Where on earth did they learn about "going on strike?!?!"

Megs said...

We love Click Clack Moo around here and hopefully Blake won't turn against us too. At least for now he can't write so we are in the clear. This was a VERY funny story. Glad I found your blog :)

hilary said...

You know your children are genius when.... :). Hilary-ious!

hilary said...

It worked!

Sarah Ringer said...

Brooklyn and I send our love to our favorite Thing's Mommy and hilarious cousins... I'm so very sad that we can't be with you all right at this very moment!

Holly said...

They tend to be more liberal up there in Seattle, I think it is rubbing off on your children. lol!

Liam's Mom said...

Wow, that is so funny! The things they pick up from stories, books and the like. Great stuff, Mel.