THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Some Things For Which My Kids Need to Develop Alternative Activities


1. Stamp balls (see above).


2. Gluing things to the table.


3. Marker tattoos.


4. Streaking in the backyard (and by streaking, I don't mean going really fast).


5. Trying to stop the other one from looking out of 'their' window in the car.


6. Deciding that your name is "Max" and telling the Fred Meyer daycare lady, who then eyes me with suspicion when I refer to you by the name that I gave you.


7. Playing "Wear Shoes That Don't Match" when we go to church. It discounts me as a mom, as well as a designer.


8. Making up their own naughty words like "booshie" and "pupid"--do you see the genius? It sounds even worse than a real bad word, but they've got me on a technicality because it's not actually a word at all.
Other than that, we're good.

10 love notes:

Becky said...

I love it! It sounds oh so familiar. Except for the stamp balls...haven't experienced that one yet.

hannah knecht said...

Booshie huh?.... i like it! Haha, oh man. Sounds like my kids!

Amy R said...

Hilarious. They're creative, surely they can create some fun that doesn't annoy mom, right?

Liam's Mom said...

Woman, you crack me up! That last line was priceless...

"It sounds even worse than a real bad word, but they've got me on a technicality because it's not actually a word at all."

Aubrey said...

Very funny! Thanks for the laugh! Your kids are so sweet and hilarious!

Leslie said...

These "stamp balls"? Please tell me they were those sticker stamps you get for free to put on Christmas cards? Don't tell me they were real postage stamps! You crack me up. I'm planning to come to Seattle in August...

Things' Mommy said...

Oh, they're real. Otherwise, how could making stamp balls be any fun? The extravagant waste of money is where the joy lies.

Jessica said...

At least yours are stamp balls. Mine have been stamps stuck in various places all throughout the house (mostly on textured walls where peeling them off leaves that special goo behind).

Happy Mom said...

I love that your children are normal!!! The made up words are my fav!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

i love the stamp ball!!!