THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 3, 2011

Style is Where You Find It

Here's our living room when we first moved in.








Most recently it looked like this...


Then after my sweet sister, Hannah helped me paint, it looks like this...



The color is Behr 'Antique Leather'



What a difference it makes!  Exact same mantel arrangement as above, totally different look.


Calming, don't you think?


I love this color, because is it warm and neutral without being boring (to me, anyway!).  J said he was (pleasantly) surprised because I usually go for more color, but maybe soothing is just what I need right now.  He bought a shirt this color for my birthday last year, and I have loved the color ever since.  You never know where you'll get inspiration!  I had a college professor that said "Style is where you find it--at a thrift store, an antique find, or an expensive furniture store." 

Once I found a gorgeous 'pineapple' design accent table for a client.  The table was perfect for her entry way.  It was well made, but by a 'value' furniture store.  It took her months to even bother looking at it, because she didn't want to buy something from that store.  When she finally did, she loved it and it looked stunning in her entry with a custom floral arrangement I made her. 

So look around, and find something that inspires you.  It might be something in nature or in your closet or your best friend's dessert plates that inspire a whole room.  Style is where you find it.

3 love notes:

Aubrey said...

That's a great paint color, the room looks wonderful! It must be nice to change things up sometimes, it's like getting to move to a new space without having to move. I hope you guys are doing well.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

My Luff. How are you SOOO darling? And talented. I love you so. Love the new color and pictures. You're simply inspirational! I love, love LOVE YOU!!!

elizabeth said...

Spooky indeed! and oh so cute.. thanks for sharing.. I did something similar with my mantle!
Love Autumn decorating.
Thanks for sharing
www.southernelle.com