THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Little Spooky {Halloween Mantel How-to}

Buddy has been very excited about making our house "spooky, spooky".  I thought I'd share what we did for our Halloween mantel this year. 


Left my window up.  It just makes a nice backdrop.



Added some spiderwebs.




And some tarantulas.



Placed a bunch of black candlesticks, some of which hold 'fake flame' candles.



Then I added some 'creepy cloth' that I found at Dollar Tree. It's all gauzy and holey.  Creepy indeed.


Then I added some small jack 'o lanterns, which I will rearrange in a minute.


I added a bigger pumpkin to the middle (click to enlarge), and a pack of black silhouette rats running around.

Spooky, spooky--yes?


Topped the whole thing off with some fake pumpkins that are not, for the thousandth time, balls.


The rats are attached with artists tape.  It holds well with no residue.






After I did it, Buddy said it was "too spooky, spooky" and asked me to take it down.
Happy haunting!!

4 love notes:

Aubrey said...

It looks great! It's funny that Buddy thought it was too spooky. I can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!

Bryner Family said...

Wow, nice! I mean, creepy! :) How funny that you try to make your kids happy and they just never appreciate it! Ha ha. :)

dave&hannah said...

oooh, i love, love, love it. It looks so good. How did you attach those tarantulas? I have some and used a twisty tie around the abdomen. A little halloween magic maybe?....that's super spooky!

Happy Mom said...

Sooo fun!