THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How to Hang a Picture Collage

1. Gather all the pictures you want in the collage. It looks best to have some common denominator (all black and white, all color, same color frames, etc.).

2. Trace each picture onto paper (paper grocery bags work well for most sizes) and cut them out. Write on the front of the paper what the picture is (i.e.: ballet Girlie).



3. Then, lay the picture face down, and paper face down on top of it. Use your fingers to feel where the hanging hardware is, and use a nail to puncture the paper. (You're trying to put a hole in the paper exactly where you want the nail to go).



4. Tape the "paper pictures" to the wall in the arrangement you want. Try to maintain an even space around the pictures. If you're hanging a single picture, or gallery style in a line, remember not to hang them too high. The center should be approximately eye level, roughly 5 feet (it also depends on how high your wall is). Remember not to put tape over the "nail holes".



5. Get the arrangement exactly the way you want it. If you are having trouble, leave the paper on the wall and look at it the next day. Then, nail the paper to the wall using the holes in the paper as your guide.



6. Leaving the nails in the wall, remove the paper and hang the real picture. Yay! You're done!




If this was helpful/interesting, leave a comment to let me know. Otherwise, I certainly won't put "boring" stuff like this on my blog anymore.

14 love notes:

McDonald Crew said...

Great idea! I always just put lots of pencil marks on the wall. Hey I like that cool stool you have! HAHA

Chelsea said...

Looks Great!

Liam's Mom said...

Great tip! Who wouldn't want professional design advice on your blog?

So your counter tops and collage are pretty! Can we have more tour photos please?

Devin & Anisa said...

Your so good! You don't even notice the switch or thermostat! Sign of a good decorator!

BRadley said...

What a FABULOUS idea! Thank you for sharing that! I love your style my luff. More pics please...!!!

Amy R said...

Okay, so you've explained this to me before but it helps SO MUCH to have it in picture format. So, anyway, yes, by all means, please continue with the "boring" posts!

Laura F said...

I LOVED this!!! Thanks, Melynie!

The Wrights said...

So not boring---could I fly you out to decorate my house?! Not ONE pic in our dining room--and we're going on 18 months....

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you posted this for everyone, it really is a novel idea, even though it's so simple. I just wish I had known this a few months ago. Someday my house will look presentable. :)

Sybrina said...

Awesome tip! Keep em coming!

Lynn H said...

I was just thinking about a design question I had, which led me to think of you, which led my to decide to check your blog and ta da...design help!

The Donaldson Family said...

Thank you! I LOVE that you have a picture of it all finished for those of us who are designer-challenged! Tyler and I have been trying to hang 2 pictures side by side, and they always end up uneven, which really bugs me - our wall behind the pic's looks like swiss cheese....lots of holes:)

wendysue said...

Love this! I have a huge wall in my dining room that's been begging for lots of pictures and I've been putting it off! Now I can do this!

i said...

i love your idea!!! greetings from las vegas:) i'm kristin's friend.