THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mommy is Crying


Morghan cut her hair. All by herself. Everyone's talking about it in my kindergarten class. Morghan is so cool. Her hair looks so cute, too.

I told Mommy about it. She didn't seem to think it was all that cool. She said something about her "poor mother", but I don't know what Morghan's mother's financial situation has to do with anything.

Morghan's hair looks so cute. I think I'll do it, too!

Ok.

Mommy is still sleeping. There are the scissors. Carpe diem.








Daddy just noticed my hair at breakfast. Yeah! I'm so proud of myself. I worked very, very hard at this. It took me a long time to do. I had to reach all the way around to the back. I wanted to do a really, really thorough job. And this chunk out of the front? That was no easy task, that was a lot of hai-- why are Mommy's eyes so big? Why is she touching my hair all over and why is her mouth hanging open, but no sound is coming out.

Daddy is giving his "disappointing...bad choice...blah, blah" speech. Why can't Mommy talk?

I burst into tears, Mommy looks so sad. Why are they talking in Spanish? Wait, what? What do the 80's have to do with anything? 80 what?

Mommy fixes my hair in two pigtails. "Strategically," she says. Whatever that means.

"Well?" she says to me when we're done.

I hang my head and whisper sadly, "I thought that this would be an easy plan. But I did it. And it was not so easy."

She takes me to get my hair cut. I end up with a bob with heavy bangs. I LOVE IT!!! WAHOO! I'M A ROCK STAR!! I LOOK SO CUTE!!! Mommy's mouth makes a thin, straight line. Her smile looks funny. When I ask her, "Doesn't this look cute?" she says, "If you like it, that's all that matters."




Then she says that next time I can just ask to get it cut. I don't have to go to all this trouble. Then she says something about needing a spa day. Then I learn what a pinkie swear is.

8 love notes:

Amy R said...

Oh, no. Her long, flowing locks. I want to say it's okay, it'll grow back, it's just hair, she looks cute with the short bob & thick bangs. But you already know that. You're the mom. It's your job to say all that stuff whenever bad things happen. So I won't tell you. I'll just say I'm sorry.

Karen said...

Oh, goodness. I feel like I should go have a talk to my little daughter...early prevention, right? Or maybe that would just put the idea into her head. I didn't think I'd have to deal with these talk issues until we reached the birds and the bees.

Sybrina said...

OH! OH! We have certainly been through this. Here's mine:

http://stewartship.blogspot.com/2008/06/hair-cut.html

http://stewartship.blogspot.com/2008/06/miss-ms-new-hair-style.html

But you know how they say it could be worse? Here's one that will immediately make you feel better:

http://mortensen20.blogspot.com/2008/06/bad-hair-day.html

Way to keep your wits about you, though! Very funny post!

Liam's Mom said...

Darling way to tell the story, M. I love the new do. I hope you get that spa day.

Devin & Anisa said...

You kill me. I love the narrative! She is still adorable but that had to be hard. Be proud of yourself, you handled that amazingly.

The Wrights said...

Oh Melynie...I'm sorry. Her hair turned out darling. I can only imagine that happening. On the bright side--it was wonderful to talk to you!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Looks like you have a beautician in the house as well. Grin and bare...grin and bare.

Cory Elvidge said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL