THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Something I didn't know...

is that I look really, really, really bad when I run. Here is the picture from our race--standing around feeling great about what we just accomplished. I would have put one in that has me actually running, but I looked at the pictures last night and thought "um, yeah, THAT isn't going to happen." For some reason, I looked TERRIBLE in all the pictures during the race. I mean, bad. So bad, in fact, that it had my darling J SHAKING in laughter. Giggling like a school girl. Unable to make coherent sounds because of the laughter. Actual tears filling the corners of his eyes. That bad. I kind of felt like I was 14 again, where you go through that really u-g-l-y (that's a word we spell out and don't say in our house) stage--awkward and just not... good... I kind of want to burn all the pictures of me during that unfortunate-looking stage of life. In my wedding video, very few pictures are of me during this period. It kind of skips over the stage and goes right to senior pictures where, even though now I cringe at the fashion, at least I was hip for the time.

Anyway, I digress. THAT, friends, is why this is the only picture of my race you'll ever see. And why I'm pretty sure I won't be doing another one any time soon.

11 love notes:

Karen said...

Come on now...that's not really fair! You, the most gorgeous thing ever would deny us all the chance to see a less-than-perfect Melynie?? Plus, I haven't gotten my daily dose of laughter yet today...feeling very cheated!

Wright said...

I would like to see those pics (; But, seriously an honor to your grandmother and congrats to you for your very long run!!!

Happy Mom said...

My computer is freaking out and won't load your pictures, but I would be shocked to see you look anything less than adorable. So, I want to hear, what race? How far? Tell me about it.

Have I told you lately, that yours is one of my very favorite blogs to read? Because, it really is.

Natiemonkey said...

OH melynie melynie! por que???? I really wanted to see those after all I took them!

Zann said...

Mel, I don't look that great when I run either. Congrats on running the race though!!

Also, yur family picture is the most fantastic picture I have ever seen. I love it!! I assume some hotshot photographer in Seattle took it?? It makes me miss you even more!

Allison said...

You can't describe the pictures and then not show! That just isn't fair!

Congratulations again for running the race!

Happy Mom said...

I finally walked all the way upstairs and looked at your picture on hubders computer. I misunderstood, you didn't post the "ugly" pics. Chicken!!!

I love how you all look alike!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Victorious is the word you should be looking for and honestly not many look good running. It's like crying...nobody looks good doing that either. We all deserve a liitle laughter. J should share some of the giggles!!!

Amy R said...

I'm totally cool with it. I always throw away unflattering pictures of myself. I just don't think it's necessary to document those moments. OH, and I'm not mad.

Chelsea said...

Way to go Melynie!

Jessica said...

I think you look great! WAY better than I would...my picture would be me laying on a stretcher and paramedics trying to revive me.