THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bits of Nothing


I haven't posted in almost three weeks. That's like a decade in blogging years. Tonight's post is purely an exercise in posting, just so I don't forget how, and fall permanently off the face of the blogging planet.

There is a really irritating kid I know. I see him frequently, and every time I do, he points to me and yells "She is FAAAAAT!!!!!" What I really want to do is flick him. What I actually do is smile pseudo-patiently, like it's cute. It's not.

We put Little Buddy into a big boy bed about a week ago. It went okay until last night about 4:00 a.m., when I felt prompted to check on him and found him asleep at the top edge of the stairs. Phwew. Tonight he's in the pack and play.

Girlie is back in school after spring break. I'm just a sappy boob, and I've cried both mornings that I've dropped her off at school. Will I never learn?

I've been slowly gathering cute clothes that I find for my baby girl. When I need a mental break, I sit down with the basket of them and arrange them into stylish little outfits, complete with accessories. I would show them to J, but then he would ask his usual "How much did that set me back?" and I'm not prepared to answer that.

With Sammy's asthma now officially diagnosed and treated, we thought we were done with midnight runs to the ER. Last night proved us wrong. He, however, saw the sunny side of things and wore his hospital bracelet like bling all day.

I'm tired of lumbering and heaving and waddling. I'd like to get back to flitting, and sprinting, and prancing. Okay, not that I ever pranced, but I'd like to at least have that option.

In completely unrelated news, I discovered these very naughty ice cream bars dipped in chocolate and rolled in toasted almonds at Costco, thanks to Laura F. Wow, can I just say, wow.

I forgot to dye Easter eggs this year. Shocking but true. I have no valid excuse, except that I'm a pregnant lady with a million things on her precariously balanced plate. Something had to give. To those of you posting about your darling dyed eggs--kudos.

We stopped at the Tulip Festival in Skagit County this weekend, on our way up to Vancouver, BC. My most anticipated event was a little deflated, though, because the two older kids fell asleep on the way up, so I just grabbed Little Buddy to snap some pics. That's him at the top. His hair has since been cut.


We continued up to the Vancouver, BC Temple Open House. It was one of the most gorgeous buildings I've ever seen, and the most fantastic feeling to be there with our whole family. We LOVED it!! (This is not actually considered one of the 'Bits of Nothing', but it is all I'm going to write about it here.)


Ciao.

7 love notes:

Melissa said...

Love your bits of nothing, you always make me laugh. You point out that snot nosed kid and I will flick him for you, I'm not afraid.

Happy Mom said...

You, my dear, will never forget how to post. You're just to good with words. And no matter how long inbetween, we'll still be here waiting for the next one. (and no, I'm not encouraging you to post less often).

I want to see you prance (and I mentally poked that obnoxious boy for you)

Jessica said...

I didn't know you went up to the temple! How lucky! It looks beautiful.

Gina said...

I love those ice cream bars at Costco. It's been years since we've had a membership and I think I miss those the most.

So neat you all went to the open house. Such a special and rare thing to be in the temple with small children.

Laura F said...

Yes, I do love those icecream bars. Wait until you're there at 10am and split one with your toddler for breakfast amidst the stares and glares of other, more responsible mothers.

And I'm a terrible blogger these days but HAD to check in on you because you've been on my mind lately. I have to admit to feeling a tinge of dislike for all the fun vacation pictures you posted, because I've never quite gotten over you being there and not here. I'd prefer you posted about how much you hate it there and can't wait to come back to the heat and humidity, but I'd settle for a visit sometime in the next decade - here to there or there to here. :-) Or maybe just a girls' trip somewhere in between!

Cory Elvidge said...

LOL! I TOTALLY forgot to dye Easter eggs too!! We even had Riley and everything. I didn't realize it until my Grandma called the night before Easter, after Riley was already in bed, and asked me if he had fun dyeing Easter eggs. I was in complete shock that 1- the next day was Easter (good thing I had gotten basket stuff about a month earlier) and 2- that the wonderful family tradition of dyeing eggs had completely and totally fallen right out of my brain. I went to bed feeling like the most rotten mother on the planet lol. Riley however, didn't seem to even notice. Maybe we can make up for it next year lol :)

Joseph & Jessica said...

I love it! I can still remember the day when you showed Gina and me bags of baby clothes you had bought (cause it always made you feel good) way before kiddos came along!!! You are awesome!