THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 4, 2011

Q. What is The Seattle Times? {and my fall mantel}

A.  The big field that we go to play in every fall because our backyard is too small and we don't have these beautiful leaves, and Mommy takes a million pictures of us.  Oh, yeah, and a newspaper too.












Sadly, I think her favorite thing is running from the camera.









I didn't tell him to put his arm around his brother.  To me, that's priceless.


Sometimes he looks like this.

But most of the time he looks like this...






The joy of fall!!  We love the last, outrageous burst of color.  It fills the soul.

So, I brought some of the fall-y feeling inside to my mantel.  The light here makes it hard to get really good pictures 9 months of the year.  But, here ya go.  Ideas for fall 2011.


I opted out of my usual leaf garlands and candles this year.  I went with a simple berry garland along the mantel and dug through my shelves for an assortment of books.  I am in love with the wreath, and I attached it by putting a thumb tack in the top of my window and using a loop of brown yarn to secure it.



The pumpkins I tipped on their side by putting a little adhesive cork circle on the side (I was going to use tape, but didn't have any artists tape).



I took all the jackets off the books and chose them for their color, not their title.  I wanted cozy fall colors.




1 love notes:

Aubrey said...

I love these pictures of your kids! Priceless! I remember driving by there when we would go to your house, it's like it was yesterday. We should come and visit sometime, I just wish the drive wasn't so long. Your fall mantel looks great too!