THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Make a tissue poof ball (that's the technical name)

 

You may have noticed that I use these a lot.  These tissue paper whatchamacallits.  They are an easy, festive, lotta-bang-for-your-buck party decoration.  I made some for a Halloween party, and thought I'd show you how in case you have a little extra time, tissue paper, and space for a party-on-a-string.

 

 
Start by layering 8 sheets of tissue paper.
 
 

 
Fold it in too-hot-in-church fan style, starting from the short side.  Make the pleats 1-1.5 inches wide.
 

 
Use a length of floral wire to secure the center (you will use the extra length to hang it).
 
 

 
Trim the end in a point to make it spikey (above) or rounded to make it look like a flower (top picture).  I had to trim in layers, since it gets pretty thick.
 

 
One by one, peel the layers back until you've got a big poof ball!
 
 

 
Bend the end of the wire over, and use it to hang.
 

 
Voila!  You're ready to party!

2 love notes:

dave&hannah said...

Oooo, fun, cute and easy! My favorite.

hilary said...

Super cute!!! I have seen these and wanted to make one.