THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

EAT. Like I need reminding.

So with all my spare time, I thought I'd do a little kitchen project. In case you don't know, I am weird and have a 'winter kitchen' and a 'summer kitchen'. My winter kitchen is lots of black and white and it a little more fancy~schmancy; summer kitchen is colorful and vintage-y. I thought the perfect addition to Summer Kitchen would be an EAT above my pantry, in case anyone needed instructions.
 
 
 
My favorite look is 'torn from an old building'.  Didn't have time to look for old buildings to tear down, didn't want to pay for chunky wooden letters.  So....I did a little 'reverse distressing' technique on some paper mache letters from Joann Fabrics.
 
 
 
I didn't think that paper mache would hold up to a lot of painting and sanding, so I used a sponge brush with black paint, and DIDN'T paint where I would normally sand.  I had to be careful to make it look properly 'worn', by leaving streaks of bare paper mache.

 
Like this.
 

 
The picture isn't very good, but it really does look like old wood. 
Now, let's eat!

0 love notes: