THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails {Boys Room Makeover}


When we moved into this house, my big guy was a little guy.


And my little guy was a baby in a crib.


And this is what their room used to look like, including the sign above the crib that said, "boy, n: a noise with dirt on it."  I thought it was adorable.  Sammy (then 3), not even kidding, found it offensive and took it upon himself to remove it.  In his words, it was "not appwopwiate."

Fast forward to boys room project 2011:


The theme is sort of "vintage boy."  The blue quilt is from Target, the red star ones I made.

To hang the artful collage I used this method.  The things I had gathered over my years of 'junk collecting', as J terms it.

This is Buddy's side.  The art is from Target, too.  The color on the bottom is Skipper by Behr at Home Depot.  The color on top is custom matched to my trim.

I was thrilled with these vintage-looking synonym signs.  I cannot for the life of me remember what website it was, but some talented, generous lady made these for people to print off for themselves!! She knocked off Restoration Hardware (see it here!!!)  I got these printed off at Costco for a few dollars and Mod Podged them onto BOGO canvases at Michaels (I painted the sides navy first).  I'd say it was one of the highlights of this room process.  If you want the file, I'd be more than happy to email it to you so you can make your own!!!!  I have 8X10 and 11x14 of brave/valiant and swift/fast.  Just leave me a note in the comments and I'll email it right off to you! 


Yes, of course it's this clean all the time...naturally......


Oh, my, a little sleeping boy!


It's hard to tell from the other pictures, but do you love the beadboard on the top??  Wanna know a secret?  It's wallpaper!!!  It's amazing!  We were skeptical too.  But I know what I want (beadboard), and when I can't do it myself and no one else will ("not a chance, lady") I have to get creative (and discover beadboard wallpaper at Lowe's).



They each have letters above their beds.  They are painted paper mache that I got at Joann Fabrics.


A place for my sweet boys to lay their heads.

2 love notes:

Mindy said...

You are so super talented! you should come to my house and decorate it because it needs help!!

mandy said...

Oh, this turned out so fabulous! I can't believe that wallpaper ended up working after what happened the first try! It's amazing. Can't wait for you to start on my dream house. . .