THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Awake


Yum, can you feel it?  The world is waking up  It's almost gardening season.  I can't wait.  This year, I'll battle the bunnies and slugs, and I will grow.  Flowers, veggies, lavender, basil, rosemary, and other assorted herbs.  Because it's just that fun.

Yesterday as the littles and I were leaving to pick up Girlie from school, I stepped out into the sunshine.  It was so wonderful, I couldn't help but sing out opera-style "The SUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!" for the whole world to hear.  We picked up Girlie, and when we got home, she hopped out of the van into the sunshine...and sang out opera-style "The SUUUUUUUUUNNN!"  Truly my daughter. :)  Priceless.

Look at these stinkin' cute garden markers I found at Target's dollar spot.


And I even treated myself to new gardening gloves.  A tiny bit clownish, you think?



I'm ready for the sweet smell of hyacinths.  That reminds me of the other day...

"Hi, M.  How's it going?"
"Hi, Chris (salesguy for our subdivision, across the street)."
What are you doing?
Oh, um, counting to see how many hyacinths survived the bunnies.
What?
Hyacinths...flowers.  A bunch got eaten by the bunnies.
You're counting what?  Flowers?
Yeah, bulbs I planted in the fall.  They're sprouting, but a bunch got eaten.
I don't get it.  You're counting flowers?
Yep.
Okay, well, have a good day.
You too, Chris.

That was a difficult conversation...



And packets of seeds of all the deliciousness I plan to grow.


Like peas.


Right here.


My tulips that are starting to show their faces around these parts.


And primroses that I couldn't resist at the store.  They wanted to come home with me.


They promised to be good.


So far, so good.


2 love notes:

Aubrey said...

I love this post and I love Spring! Seeing the daffodils pop up makes me positively giddy! You and girlie are so cute. It's been so fun to be back in Boise where the sun shines so much. I love the sunshine and the clear air and seeing for miles to the mountains. Have a beautiful spring! Love you guys!

Happy Mom said...

You make me want to plant something (unfortunately, we've had snow three times in the last week!)