THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Crush


I am crazy about this girl.  Head-over-heels in love, can't get enough, want-to-spend-every-waking-moment-covering-her-in-kisses crazy about her.  (I don't have favorites, but there is something to be said for a smiley child who never talks back)  She just celebrated her seven month birthday, and I can hardly believe it.  I swear I was just up rocking her to sleep at 3:00 in the morning.  Now she (usually) sleeps a good 11 hours, with a couple good naps during the day.  I swear just yesterday she was like this


and then somehow her bassinet shrunk and today she looks like this:


I packed away the rest of her newborn dresses and cried a little.  Little ruffles and teensy cardigans. She might as well be going off to college with how my heart feels ripped apart.  I hold her.  A lot. (Except for at night because J won't let her sleep with us).  Because, first, I can't get enough of her, and second, I have to savor every baby minute I've got. And also because then she's really close and I can kiss her and smell her, and when I do, I feel all dreamy. 


She is soooo chunky, and every time I see her incredibly soft, squishy little body I laugh out loud because I love it so much!  I think she's my most bald and chunky baby (in the most perfect way) and my most talkative.  She coos all the time, talks, complains, and laughs hysterically when she wrestles with Daddy. It's a sound that, for the life of me, I can't figure out why the entire world doesn't come to a screeching halt to listen to.  It's so magical. 

She's in the Go-go-gadget-sticky-hands Phase, and she loves to tug on my hair and earrings.  It's okay, though, because I gently remove her hands, and when I do, I realize what tiny, soft hands she's got and I have to start kissing them.  She loves to roll, but gets all irritated when she realizes she's been on her belly too long.  She loves to eat, too.  We've recently introduced her to rice cereal, peas, green beans, squash, applesauce, and sweet potatoes.


She adores her siblings, refuses to sleep anywhere but her bassinet, and has a smile that lights up a room.  She will only sleep with a blanket in front of her face (I know, nice and safe).  When I'm not with her, I miss her.  Wow, I love this baby (which I tell her 5 million times a day).



I've so got a crush.

7 love notes:

HangerMom said...

I was just kissing and snuggling Peter today and thinking very similar thoughts... Your bitty girl is adorable! I love the comparison shots in the bassinet. Where does time go?!

wright said...

Oh, so dang cute!! Love that you love her so much!

Jessica said...

Uh, this is so sweet! I love the way you can appreciate and savor every moment...here's to hoping I can be more like that!

kim said...

That is so sweet. You are such an amazing mom!

Aubrey said...

Your pictures are so cute and you're right to enjoy every second. That's how I feel about my little Joy who's going to be a big girl any day now. I can't wait to see her in person!

Gina said...

She has changed so much! I thought she was beautiful when I met her in August and now... WOW! She is even more gorgeous! Amazing how that happens. Glad you are savoring every moment and that you are SLEEPING! Hooray!

Laura F said...

She's so cute! And I can't believe in some of those pictures just how much she looks like Girlie! Your kids are so beautiful. I was thinking about you today and contemplating your cute lampshade for Girlie's room as I was working a little on my own mess of pink. :-) Oh, those girls are so much fun. Give her big kisses for me, too!