THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby Sweet Shoppe: Cupcake Tutorial


Need a cute baby shower idea?  Here's a fun way to package those baby essentials--make some cupcakes!  For this project you'll need:
  • 4 receiving blankets
  • 4 onesies
  • 4 medium rubber bands
  • 4 coffee filters
  • thin coordinating ribbon
  • scissors
  • a bakery cupcake box (I found mine at Packaging Specialties)




First, fold the receiving blankets down until you have a 3" strip.



Now for the cupcake icing.  Lay a onesie over your fist, and poke it down.


Then pinch the top and gather it together.



Lay the icing at the end of the receving blanket and roll it up.



Roll it all the way up, moving down as you go so that the top is peaked.



Wrap it with a rubber band to secure it.



Place it in a coffee filter "wrapper."



Tie it closed with ribbon.



Repeat all the steps again for more cupcakes.



Place them in the bakery box.


If you want, tie it with bakery string and add a cute tag!


Hungry now (either for cupcakes or babies)?

9 love notes:

The Cook Fam said...

Very cute! How creative is that?!

Jessica said...

SO CUTE! I love it. Thanks for the chat too!

Gina said...

What a darling idea! SO SWEET!

Shelley said...

This is so cute. We sure miss you and your cute family. I am going to try and make this for my friend.

Happy Mom said...

How cute is THAT!! Gonna have to remember that one!

Amy said...

Both! Thanks a lot!

Megs said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so cute. I now need to make those and some real cupcakes :)

Aubrey said...

That's such a great idea! Have you ever made a diaper cake? I want to make one of those sometime, but I'm not sure that I'm creative enough. I hope you're doing well and I hope your trip went well. I'm sorry we weren't able to see you. Have a great week!

kim said...

Love it! I think I will send a few to my sister-in-law who is having a baby this weekend!