THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just Call Me Bag Lady

I knew it was time to clean out my purse when it started hurting my shoulder because it was so heavy.  In it I found

3-size 3 diapers
2-size 4 diapers
travel size container of wipes
info sheets on Dtap, MMR, and Polio vaccines
a 10 pack of oatmeal raisin granola bars
4 Nutrigrain bars
an ad for Hancock Fabric
a sample of 'all free clear' laundry detergent
a tube of Target brand diaper rash ointment
3 pens
a notebook
5 million receipts
a Williams Sonoma gift card
a King Arthur Flour pastry scraper
1 piece of gum
a silver bracelet from Greece
the extra shoulder strap for my purse
4 cents
enough coupons to choke a horse

So stick with me.  I'm like a Boy Scout, and if we get stranded, rest assured you'll still have snack time with some gum to freshen your breath afterward, and some clean clothes.  Your wrist will look stylish while you write love notes, make a wish (or 4) in a fountain, consider returning some things, change a diaper (or 5).  You'll be able to peruse Hancock's offerings, or buy something kitchen-y at Williams Sonoma to go with your pastry scraper, or brush up on the possible side effect of vaccinations.  You can switch up the look of the purse (not to mention freeing up your hands to sort through coupons).  And you'll never have diaper rash.

What's the weirdest thing in your purse?

6 love notes:

Happy Mom said...

I don't have anything weird. But the most pitiful thing I have is a Burts Bees lip balm that I bought for someone who I know loves them. It's been in my purse for three months. (think I'll ever get around to giving it to them?)

I LOVE your posts!

Carolyn said...

Cute post. The other day as I was trying to pull out my wallet to pay for something... an already chewed up old hard piece of starburst candy fell on the counter. Mom's purses are garbage cans right?

Karen said...

How LARGE is your purse? Heaven sakes!

Things' Mommy said...

Happy Mom, that makes me laugh because I do that ALL the time. It was almost March before I got last year's Christmas presents all mailed off.

Carolyn, so true! In fact, the other day one of my kids was putting a wrapper in my purse and I asked them not to. They looked completely bewildered.

Karen, I'm posting a picture just for you. :)

jamie said...

yay! i'm not the only one!

Joseph & Jessica said...

This was truly awesome!! I loved this post. You are so funny.... right now my purse has a large, fake diamond bought from a chinese store at the mall... one of my little guys loves rocks, Indiana Jones, jewels, gems, pirates... and so he is getting this in his stocking!!!