THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 29, 2010

A couple random pics and the best snow day ever.

Here are a few photo updates.  I also plan to do a real post sometime soon.  We were sick a couple weeks ago and I have a few things to say about sick men.  Stay tuned.

A true Seattle baby. 100% organic.


J's 34th birthday.  Yes, one of his gifts is French lavender cleaner from Williams Sonoma.  It's kind of a long story.

Why is Sammy dressed in a ninja costume and writhing around on the kitchen floor?  He's a diver.  Obviously.

The first Seattle snow in 2 years.  The kids scraped it off the patio furniture to have a snowball fight.  Later we had a conversation and Sammy thought it would be funny if we called snow "squishy" instead.  So we talked about squishy ball fights, making squishy angels, and "hey, look, it's squishing outside."


The next day we had some 'serious' snowfall.  It became a family snow day, and we met five other families (dads too!) in our neighborhood for some sledding down our street.  Even parents went! 
Can you say 'wa-hoo'???

J made fun of me for buying snowpants last year.  Ha.



This was the best snow day ever.  We had wintery fun all day.

The fun continued indoors.  Like tortilla masks, for instance.


Apple crisp and vanilla steamers.  I ordered 30 lbs of apples and I'm trying to get out of canning by eating them all instead.




Jelly bracelet braces.  Cheaper than the alternative, slightly less effective.

Girlie sewed a blanket and pillow that she gave to Sweetie. I think she likes it.

5 love notes:

kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun at your house. Your little sweetie is so cute!! We miss you guys. We are trying to move back to O'Fallon right now and we are sad that you will not be there!! You guys look great and I love the snow day!!

Amy said...

This made me miss you guys!

Jamie and Lauren said...

Oh my gosh Mel! Jamie I and I would have LOVED to be there sledding down the street! It looks like a blast. You guys are always up to something fun over there. Move closer so we can be part of it. Sweetie is getting so big. I hope we see you sometime soon.

Aubrey said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for the update. We're having a snow day today here and it's lots of fun. I wish we had a hill to sled down. I'm glad your baby takes a binky, I wish my kids would do that. She's very cute!
Tell J Happy, happy birthday! I hope he had a great day. I see he likes the Macadamia clusters that Mark loves.
I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you.

My "5"ever Family said...

'Ha.' I love it! I love those moments...keep me ticking :)