THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tricks and Treats!

Come to my place for a little Halloween inspiration!

I emptied a case of IBC cream soda, swished tempera paint inside (to make it creepy, of course), and printed off {free} labels from this awesome site.  I just printed off the labels, cut them out and attached them to my bottles!  Super easy, and, really, who doesn't need a little swamp fog or moon dust?

The jack o' lantern and ghost lumnaries, Michaels.  The tarantulas and spiderwebs, Dollar Tree.  The black books, bookshelf or Goodwill (the more beat up looking the better. I didn't want to totally destroy my books in case I want to read them again).  "Boo" sign, Target.  Candle holders, little boutiques across the country.  Windows, old buildings. And (as pictured at the top) pumpkins, leaf garlands and berries, Michaels.

My 'spooky' bunting was this year's mini project.  To haunt your own house with it you'll need:
*white, black and orange cardstock
*pinking shears
*Mod Podge
*foam brush
*hole punch
*hole punch reinforcement stickers (opt)
*silver glitter
*black tulle


I made a triangle template by folding a piece of paper in half and cutting from the top outside corner to the folded center, about 9 inches down.  I traced the template onto carstock and cut the long sides with pinking shears.
 

I used my cricut machine to cut out the 4"  letters, but you could also print them out and use them as a pattern to cut them out.  Using the foam brush, I applied Mod Podge over the whole thing to seal it and sprinkled glitter around the edges before it dried.

I used the hole punch reinforcement stickers on the back edges,punched my holes and applied a coat of Mod Podge.  Then using 2" strips of black tulle, I tied them together.


Happy Halloween!

11 love notes:

dan[and]rach said...

sooooo cute!! you could be featured in martha stewart girl :]

HangerMom said...

Seriously adorable. Let me know when you're available to come do a home decorating consult for me.

And I think I've said it before, but I LOVE your new family photo on the banner.

Becky said...

So cute. Much better than my mantle which is currently stacked with papers and flash cards.

dave&hannah said...

oooh, I want to do all those things now. Crafting can get pricy I'm realizing but DANG girl it looks so good. I LOVE all your cuteness.

Things' Mommy said...

Thanks girls! This is such a fun decorating time of year! What is everyone dressing up as?

Happy Mom said...

This is one of the cutest things EVER!

You are adorable!

Jessica said...

You are amazing...but you already know I think so. Great seeing you today!

Gina said...

You are so creative and fun, Melynie!

And I love your new family photo on the bridge. WOW! You all look GREAT!

Sarah Ringer said...

After our convo today I started working on my own "potion" bottles and just finished! I LOVE them--thanks tons for the idea and the website link! I haven't gotten cobweb material yet and I have to say, the effect isn't quite the same without that...:) But I did start my bat tree (thanks Ruthie!)--I wish you could see it!

wright said...

Quite making the rest of look bad (; SO CUTE!!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

DARLING!!! More please!!!