THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What We Did in August

This if for anyone who wondered why we were MIA in August. If you didn't wonder, well, then I might question your choice of reading material.

J got 4 weeks of paternity leave. Did I mention that we love working for Microsoft? We tried to make the most of it. We got a lot of home projects done, like the girls room, a mini project in the kids bath (I'll blog about these later), and the garage organized (which I probably won't blog about). We also had a lot of fun doing things like...



contemplating the universe


loitering on the front porch



workin' a purple helmet while showing off some mad bike skills




testing gravity




cruising Puget Sound



cheering that there was a 'tennis' court at St. Edwards Park



getting ready to jump down that hole




figuing out how to get down


plotting a splash park take over




sun worshipping




posing



comparing melon sizes



back yard water ballooning



blue eyeing




dining alfresco




getting within spitting distance of a giraffe




riding a bronze elephant



sincerely hoping that none of the kids spring over the edge, because the Woodland Park Zoo sign clearly states that items cannot be retrieved




{brass} monkeying around



channeling our inner Tai Lung (Kung Fu Panda)




being matchy-matchy blue squared




tractoring




betting on the depth of Lake Washington




and testing the temperature of the water at Waverly Beach Park





being surprised
blocking traffic at Pike Place Market (with Uncle Jamie and Aunt Lauren)




hiding from the kids at the Museum of Flight





taking Twin Falls by storm




slaving over a hot stove


taping up our faces with Liam from Utah (because that's weird enough without commentary from me)


squinting




smelling a baby




and being too tuckered out from all our activities to actually make it into bed.




And that's just the stuff we took pictures of.

13 love notes:

Jessica said...

Oh, so much to say about this post!
Where do I begin?

First off, I totally forgot what an awesome word loitering is. Thanks for the reminder!

Next, can I just comment on the pic of you and Little Buddy in front of the giraffe? Love that picture. He's looking at you like, "Mom, you sure look happy right now but there is a HUGE giraffe towering behind us and I am kinda freaked out."

Love the line from Return to Me. And just so you know I got sick of Swiss water once.

And Lastly (since this is the hugest blog comment ever)...
Can you bottle some of that baby smell for me?

Things' Mommy said...

Jess, I LOVE that you got the Return to Me reference. Yet another reason that we're friends.

And you're welcome to smell Sweetie anytime. :)

Gina said...

I love the posing and blue eyed shots the best. Such sweet girls! So glad we got to be a part of your August. It was so fun to see you all!

Things' Mommy said...

Gina, it was great to have you here. Thanks for the reminder about pics that weren't in my camera!

Amy said...

Question: when did little buddy turn into a little boy?

Comment: J needs to wear shorts more often.

Jessica said...

I forgot to mention... Working at Microsoft is definitely awesome! The month of paternity is almost worth having a bunch more kids for. (Keyword being almost).

Miss Mim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Mim said...

Oh Melynie, how I love you and your cute family!! Sweetie's eyes are the biggest, bluest things ever! I feel I need to come visit before she grows up too big :)

Aubrey said...

Cute, cute pictures! It's so good to see an update from you guys. It's looks like you had a great month with Josh. I love Microsoft too! I hope the baby has settled down a bit, she's such a cutie. Does she have redish hair like buddy? It's fun to see pictures of you at the zoo, we really like that zoo. I adore Return to Me. We miss you a lot. I hope things are going well for you this fall. We've had a bit of school drama, but I think it's calming down a bit. I'll try to call you soon, we need to catch up. Love you guys!

Happy Mom said...

Sooo fun!!! What fabulous memories for your family!

I LOVE Pikes Market!! And your bottled peaches made my mouth water.

Things' Mommy said...

Amy, I am asking myself the same question. Especially because this new little boy is much louder and feistier than the old one.

Mim, we LOVE you too! Come up and visit! Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Aubs, I miss you. I wanted to call you this afternoon, but you wouldnt' have been able to hear me over all the chaos (J is out of town :( ). Let's catch up soon. I can't wait to hear about everything.

Happy Mom, I've missed you in the blogging world!! Somehow I though I'd get to see more of you when school started. :) I need my fix. :)

Sarah Ringer said...

Sweetie is wearing a few of Brooklyn's outfits! Oh it just warms my heart, like they are so connected even though they are literally on opposite sides of the country! Love and miss you and your fam!

wright said...

Oh, what a month!! Glad you have such good pics to remember all of the good times! Lucky you that Microsoft has paternity leave--that is SO fabulous!!