THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Official

So, Wild Man Sam turned 5, and now, I'm like totally a soccer mom. I've had the van full of kids for a while, but now it's official. We gave him 'soccer' for his birthday--a ball, clothes, shin guards, cleats and eight Fridays from 4:15 to 5:00. Imagine me doing a little soccer mom dance around my kitchen. Yeah, fun.

On so many levels, it's hard to believe he's been here for five years. It's been a wild ride with this (intense, brilliant, beautiful, wild) one.


Here he is with the remains of his breakfast in bed. Per his request, it was chocolate chip pancakes, sausage, and eggs. And a juice box. He ate really fast, and I've got four kids, so I didn't get an actual "in bed" picture and you'll just have to use your imaginations.

His light saber cake. This year's theme was Star Wars, even though he didn't have a friend party. He's already requested a 'friend party Star Wars birthday' next year.

Star Wars cookies. Out of this world. (Sorry, I couldn't resist)


The official, size 3 for ages 8 and younger, soccer ball.



Star Wars legos--the other favorite gift. His expression is only one of a kazillion I see every day. Lucky me.





His first day of co-op preschool 2010.



First day of soccer. He's the one in the grey top.


Kicking in his first goal while all the kids chant his name. Made my soccer mom heart proud.



His good friend Dylan is on the same team. Hopefully they'll grow up together and this picture will be priceless.



Instead of a friend party, he chose to do something fun (Imagine Children's Museum) and take a friend (Dylan) along.


Pretend vet buddies.




Yes, he has his mouth on it. Yes, I'm completely disgusted.

Since his birthday, he's really taken "5" quite seriously. He's a huge helper, very obedient, and very responsible. All of a sudden.

How glad I am that he's in our family. How glad I am that I survived the first 5 years of his life. Did I mention that he has an invisible parachute that he uses to jump off of very visible, tall play structures? Also, I--surprisingly--had to make it a rule to "keep your eyes open and uncovered while riding your bike". He's a delightful, funny kid who has taught me a lot about patience and laughing. His mind absolutely amazes me and I absolutely cannot wait to see what he does to this world. Love you a million, billion, zillion, Son.

9 love notes:

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday big guy! Wish we were there to celebrate with you! Miss you guys.

HangerMom said...

I like that you phrased it "what he does TO this world" as opposed to IN or WITH. That speaks loads about how you foresee things going :).

Looks like a very fun birthday celebration. Happy birthday!

Aubrey said...

I love the cake and I love that you're a soccer mom now. I guess you have to do something with all that spare time :) It sounds like the soccer won't take up too much time though, so that's good. I hope everything's going well with you guys. I'd love to see more pictures of your sweet baby!

jamie said...

what a cute kid! happy birthday, wild man! sure miss having him over for pre-school every month...

Jessica said...

Why did you not tell me about soccer when I was talking about it today at church? I had no idea you signed him up. How fun!! Where did you do it through? My boys are just taking a class where they learn about the game, not actually competing. Tell me more about what what you did, it has been hard for me to find sports around here!

Love the Star Wars stuff. My boys are Star Wars fanatics as well! :)

Things' Mommy said...

Chelsea, wish we were together to celebrate our little birth buddies. :)

HangerMom, I was oh so deliberate in my phrasing. That kid will be a force. :) Just trying to keep him pointed in the right direction. :)

Aubs, yeah, I had to find SOMETHING to do with my spare time. Girlie adds an art class starting next week too. She came home with a cute note for BethAnne that she wrote at school. I must remember to get that in the mail!

Jamie, I miss seeing you regularly! Enjoyed your talk today. Very well prepared. Also, you run uphill and don't get epidurals. You're my hero.

Jess, ha ha, it didn't even cross my mind that we are doing soccer too. We're doing Kidz Love Soccer through the rec dept. What about you guys?

Jessica said...

We are doing Kidz Love Soccer too. In Lynnwood. Which City for you? I like that it teaches them the game before they decide if they want to be on an actual team playing other teams. I mean they play each other...but not other city teams. Sorry...rambling here :)

Can't wait for Saturday!

Amy said...

Good job on the lightsabre cake. Happy Birthday to the wild man! He's just as adorable as ever, but don't tell him I said that. Just tell him I said he looks just as cool as ever.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Can it be!?! Doesn't time just fly? You're kids are just beautiful. I love you and miss you so.