THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So much to tell, so little time

I lost my camera-computer cord. And I was about to deliver a very lame, well-thought-out explanation for my blogging absence when I, as a last ditch attempt, put my memory card directly into my computer. And it worked. And now I just look lame.

I have about a million things spilling out of my brain, but now I'm too tired to really blog. But, expect an upcoming barrage of posting from this chica.

For now, here are some dinner ideas. From me to you. These are this summer's favorite dishes. I was going to do a whole sidebar with recipes, but for now, here are just ideas. Let me know if you want the recipes and I'll put links on here.


Hawaiian Haystacks with coconut rice


Shrimp Scampi over Carribean Rice with steamed fresh zucchini and fresh fruit


Grilled Chicken and Peppers, brown rice cooked with broth, and fresh blueberries


Pulled Pork Sandwich, steamed broccoli, yogurt with fresh blueberries




Random Salad with a little of everything fresh we had in the fridge. See below.






Grilled chicken with vidalia onion, corn on the cob, pasta salad.



{Amazing} Basil lime fruit




Apricot Almond Pie

Okay, this is the thing, though. I need dinner ideas from you. Please post your favorite (easy) ideas, because I can use all the help I can get!!!

8 love notes:

HangerMom said...

I'd definitely like to hear more about the pie... it looks lovely!

Amy said...

Now I'm hungry.

Jessica said...

You had me at apricot almond pie...oh wait that was the end of the post :)

I am just wondering how you can make way better, gorgeous meals than me with one extra kid (a newborn mind you). Oh right...you are wonder woman. Can I borrow the outfit?

Things' Mommy said...

Okay, ladies, I need ideas from you. I get stuck in the dinner rut and when 4:30 hits, I think "...shoot...dinner...hmm....". What are YOUR favorite meals?

annie said...

your "quick and easy" dinners put my difficult dinners to shame! i can't imagine giving you any ideas that you would like. i love crock pots and microwaves. :) often before church i put frozen chicken breasts and bbq sauce in the crock pot. you can shred it for sandwiches or on rice. we also love green beans with melted cheese.

Things' Mommy said...

Thanks for the great ideas Annie! You're so cute, and none of these dinners are hard at all. They mostly require a lot of chopping veggies. Easy peasy!

Miss Mim said...

Shrimp scampi recipe please!!
You want to know my favorite college meal? Rice. Lots and lots of it. Mom just bought me 20 POUNDS of it :)

jamie said...

basil-lime proportions, please! and i'll email you my favorite super quick but still delicious dinner recipe.