THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Why I Don't Have Time to Answer My Phone

I'll tell you. It's because I've got four little someones.


Someone is crying because they're hungry.

Someone wants to know why I picked this kind of jam, because it's ruining their napkin.

Someone hit his head. Again.

Someone just can't remember to stop jumping on the couch. And he doesn't know why.

Someone wants to be an astronaut when they grow up. That's the reason he's wearing his bike helmet, his winter coat and his moon boots.

Someone had a potty accident from laughing too hard.

Someone spilled smoothie on his clothes, but it's okay because 'just put some stain sauce on it.'

Someone needs a diaper change. Make that two someones.

Someone is on her fifth wardrobe change by 10:00 a.m. Make that two someones also.

Someone is crying because she's hungry again.

Someone keeps talking to me, even though I just wanted two minutes to use the bathroom by myself.

Someone is a hypochondriac and wants to know exactly what 'the flu' feels like.

Someone is having a really hard time because they wanted the green cup.

Someone doesn't think it's fair.

Someone has decided she doesn't like her swing anymore and needs to be cuddled.

Someone has decided they don't like peanut butter and jelly anymore. Could they please have a different lunch?

Someone is just too tired to help clean up, despite my joyful singing of the cleanup song.

Someone picked up air quoting, and wants to know where the "boys" are. (I'm pretty sure they're "upstairs.")

Someone is very artistic, and he's got bedroom walls to prove it.

Someone is hungry. Again.

And four little someones need lots of love.



That's why. If it's important, please leave a message. :)

9 love notes:

Bryner Family said...

Wow! That sounds so familiar. Isn't having 4 someones fun??? :) Love ya Melynie!

HangerMom said...

Ha! I love the air quoting. They get so old and sassy, so fast.

Gina said...

'just put some stain sauce on it.'

So cute! All of it actually.

Hang in there. You are amazing, Melynie!

Laura F said...

That sounds so much like our house - minus the air quoting. Too funny! You know, when I go places with my kids, or when people just find out we have four, I ALWAYS get that "wow, you must be busy" comment. Until I read this post I kind of brushed it off, but now I see it. We ARE busy! Here's hoping for that two minute bathroom break today. I actually thought of you as I showered - all alone - with my youngest napping for a guaranteed amount of time and the others secure before the tv or playing quietly. I thought I'd never see the day, and now it's normal again! I even got my hair dried before the costco run today. Love you!

Allison said...

As always you bring a smile to my face. With all the four someones going on how do find time to blog?!

Jessica said...

That's why I don't call...even though I AM actually thinking about you :)

Amy said...

Good thing I never call! Give those little someones a hug from me! Miss you & your funny self!

wright said...

Funny and sweet! I love the pic of your beautiful mom AND your little one in her blessing dress--gorgeous! If I ever get a girl, I'll be calling you! (: Miss ya!

Julie C. said...

I love your blog! You have such whit and insight! Thanks for sharing and keep your chin up! You are doing great!