THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

7 Years Old

We celebrated my sweet Girlie's birthday at the end of May. She is the loveliest person that I know, and it is always a joy to celebrate her joining our family. She loved breakfast in bed--Trix, cinnamon toast, and a banana.

Her family party was on a different day than her friend party, so instead of making two cakes, I made a flower shaped sugar cookie.

Her favorite gift was the addition of two little fish--Nemo and Sally--to our family. She ADORES these little creatures, even though J and I have had a doozy of a time trying to keep them alive. One time she was in bed before she remembered their dinner. She came flying to their tank saying, "Oh, you poor little things! You must be starving!!"


This friend-party cake was a lot cuter in my head, and probably would have turned out a million times better, had I made it from rolled fondant as I planned. I just can't do everything, people. It was cake anyway. :(


The hit of the evening were the favor bags. They each got a 'purse' and picked out candy necklaces, stick on earrings, lip glosses, nail polishes, etc.


Did I mention it was a slumber party theme? I got to have eight screaming 1st graders running around my house in jammies (and eating pizza while they watched a little of 'Matilda', above), and I got to send them home at 8:00 p.m. The best of both worlds.
We painted nails, made jewelry, sang happy birthday, decorated cupcakes. An evening well spent. I'm thrilled to celebrate the seven joyful years that we've enjoyed this little angel. I can't imagine existing without her.

6 love notes:

Amy said...

Wow, she really is growing up.

You know, I wouldn't know how to go about a purse cake. It's good I haven't got a girl yet. Cute cake. Cute party. Cute girl.

HangerMom said...

I am in love with your "slumber party themed party" as opposed to an actual slumber party. Especially at that age. I'm totally stealing that one in the future.

Jessica said...

Can I just say how much I loved the picture where Riley looks just as thrilled to be there as all of the girls? Classic. :)

Also, I will take a flower shaped sugar cookie anytime you just feel like making one. Which I am sure is all the time when you are about ready to deliver ;) It looks divine!

Aubrey said...

You're so creative! Such a cute cake and party favors! I'm going to have to call you before I throw the next birthday party. You inspire me to try harder and work harder for my kids. Thank you!

Leslie said...

Ummmm, what I can't believe is that she's 7! I was there when you were just a little pregnant! Where, oh where has the time gone? I don't understand because I don't feel seven years older...are we in a time warp?

Happy Mom said...

What a cute party!!! You're such a good mom!