THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Little Ways to Make Your Day Better

1. Ignore the phone. I don't mean just screen your caller ID, I mean don't even bother to look if you are doing anything that you'd rather not interrupt--like reading with your kids, enjoying the rain, or breathing. It's liberating. (But you should probably perk up if you hear the school nurse leaving a message)

2. Listen to nothing. This rarely happens to me, but if I find myself alone, I try to take a few minutes of no radio, phone calls, etc. It gives my mind time to think without interruption. Who knows what revelations await you?

3. Go out of your way to do something nice for someone. It feels good. And, if they happen to thank you, smile and say 'You're welcome.' It's much nicer than hearing 'No worries' or 'No problem'. Who wants to hear a sentence with 'worry' or 'problem' in it?

4. Thank someone for something. Little or big, long ago or immediate. (One time I wrote a thank you to the hospital where I delivered my baby....10 months earlier...). Chances are, it will make you think of other things you're thankful for, and that will make you happy. And the person you thanked. It's a win-win.

5. Eat something fresh. Snap peas, strawberries, blueberries, bananas--pick a color, any color. It will make you feel just a little more alive.

6. Take a bath. It's like a warm hug for your body.

7. Cut out unnecessary day-fillers. This includes things like Mary Kay parties and watching TV shows you're really not that into.

8. Smile when you would normally frown. It will help you remember that, most of the time, it's really not a big deal. Whatever 'it' is.

9. Write someone a little love note.

10. Dance around with wild abandon. It gets the blood flowing and lets you be a kid for 2.5 minutes. Or however long your song lasts.

Those are my thoughts on having a better day. I hope you do. Love, Me

7 love notes:

Karen said...

I'm printing these...they're going in my little quote book that I keep for whenever I need inspiration or a bit of a pick-me-up!

Jessica said...

Wow, you seem to have it all figured out. Me...not so much. Maybe this weekend I can actually put some of these things into practice since this week has been insane (yes, I know it's only Wednesday).

Things' Mommy said...

Oh, Jess, I have nothing figured out! :) In fact, I probably need to do something about people that are trying to phone me and getting very frustrated. :)

Ringer said...

Great reminders. Making life a little simpler and enjoying the moments can make a big difference! So I will take this moment to say, "Thanks for being such a wonderful sister! I love you!" :)

dave&hannah said...

Just a note about me: when I dance, it's usually for longer than 2.5 minutes. Usually it's the entire time while I make dinner and Dave can't study very well because every other dance move involves some kind of swooping in front of him, poking part of him or asking "what do you think of THIS move?!" That always helps me sleep well at night and get out the jitters :)

Gina said...

Great advice. Some of those I already do because that is just the way I am.

Thanks for always answering the phone when I call. You are the best!

jamie said...

i liked these. thanks for sharing.