THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Family Vacation

Our first not-to-visit-family family vacation was spent at Great Wolf Lodge. Three days of all you can handle waterpark-ing, kids crafts, and pajama storytime.






J and I took turns going on the waterslides with the kids. Surprisingly, Girlie was the daredevil and loved the wave pool and fast slides, while Wild Man preferred swimming life jacketless in the kiddie pool.



My two little water monkeys. Quick, pictureless story: we practiced swimming with them at the YMCA a couple weeks before our trip. As I demonstrated back floating and my belly emerged from the water, J pointed out, "Hey, mommy looks like a hump back whale." All I could think as I went down the slides were echoes of "hump back whale...hump back whale..." (Sorry, honey--if you don't want me to share that, you shouldn't say things like that).



The kids thought the nightly slumber parties were terrific.



On our way home, we stopped in Olympia, WA. If you squint, you can see us standing outside the capitol building. What family vacation would be complete without a little lesson in government for the tots, right?


J decided it would somehow be appropriate to have a family council in Govenor Gregoire's conference room.


It was a fun, not-at-all relaxing vacation. We had a great time, and luckily, still have the rest of the week off thanks to our weird "mid-winter break" here in the Northwest.

8 love notes:

Miss Mim said...

Love it! I haven't even been to The Great Wolf Lodge! Lucky ducks.. I bet the kids had such a great time!

Happy Mom said...

Sooo fun!! I'm hoping we can go to the Wolf Lodge in Kansas City this year.

Love the Humpback whale story!!

Amy R said...

Ooh, I want one of those not-to-visit-family vacation thingys... Looks like you had fun!

Aubrey said...

Tons of fun! I'm glad you could have a family vacation, they are really worth it. I'm sure you didn't look like a whale, you're an adorable pregnant lady! J, J, J...what are we going to do with you? I'm sure he didn't mean it in a bad way. I hope your hike went well yesterday, it was great to see you at the party. We'll have to get together again soon!

Jessica said...

I seriously LOVE that place!

My "5"ever Family said...

We call them 'family adventures'! Glad you had a great time.

jamie said...

love it! plus, your kids are adorable.

also, you and i are alike with regard to technology. right now i keep my calendar online, but get so frustrated with that method sometimes and just think, why don't i go back to the planner?

Cory Elvidge said...

lol, your husband makes me laugh :)