THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Before and After


Before: 11:50 a.m. I have my ultrasound at 1:20 today. And, while I will continue to wait with bated breath, I still suspect it's a boy. My 'suspicions' were right with the other three, and while I am willing this to be another pink-loving princess, I may in fact be the 'boy mom'. Girlie's cheering for a little sis; Sammy is pulling hard for another member of 'the boys team.' Like we have anything to do with it.

I found out this morning that my sis-in-law--lucky duck-- is expecting a little girl (due the same time--well, 'due' the same time, but she'll undoubtedly 'beat' me like she did with our last babies). I'm not sure I can be truly happy for her unless I find out I'm having one too. It very well might be just jealousy.

As I know that my kids may very well stumble across these words in later years, let me just clarify: Child o' mine, I will love you with all my heart and then some, no matter if you're a boy or girl. I will love and delight in your every facial expression, every milestone reached, and every moment I get to hold you in my arms. It's just that, if you would also let me dress you up and take you shopping, and plan your wedding, I'd really appreciate it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to start chugging the 32 oz of water that's going to make my bladder feel like exploding so that you'll be a little more photogenic.


After: 3:31 p.m. Being wrong has never made me so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! It's a girl, and I am one big permagrin! Yay!! I did a few jumps for joy in the hallway outside the ultrasound room. A few fist pumps, a click of my heels, and a few random nurses got to hear my good news. Yay!!

I helped at Girlie's class Valentine's day party after the ultrasound, and told her the good news. She got a huge grin when I whispered "You're going to have a little sister" and declared it "the best day of [her] life."

I've already got some fabric from Keepsake Cottage that is going to make the most darling quilt, and if Little Buddy weren't napping in his crib, I'd be setting it up in Girlie's room and hanging some mosquito netting from the ceiling.

Ah, another girl...{contented sigh}

17 love notes:

wendysue said...

WooHoo! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Congrats!!! I am SO happy for you since I know you wanted a girl so bad :) Go crazy with the pink!

Although I must say...I am really proud of being "the boy mom"

Carolyn said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!!!

Aubrey said...

I'm so thrilled for you! Baby girls are so sweet! Your baby and our Joy will be in the same grade. So good!

Allison said...

Congratulations!!!

Tasha said...

Congrats! I've always wanted two boys and two girls to satisfy my OCD need for equality and symmetry. I'm so excited for you!

Aura said...

I was rooting for you :)

BonBon said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations!!! How fun to have two of each:)

Amy R said...

I'm so happy for you!

hannah bee said...

I'd really been keeping my fingers crossed for a little sister for Megs! Horray!!!! Congratulations!

annie said...

congratulations! girls are so fun. :) hopefully we all can have a couple each of boys and girls. i love my little man and definitely want another to join him, but i miss the adorable dresses and big hair bows.

Karen said...

Zippity doo dah! Zippity yea!

Laura F said...

Hooray Hooray!!! So you guys are just the OPPOSITE of us - our bookends are boys. So, I'm thinking if we just could get these kids together we'd have four shots at being related. Just something to think about. Love you!

Happy Mom said...

Sooooo tickled for you!!!!

One of my favorite things about you is how passionately you love being a mom. That's gonna be one lucky little girl!

Wright said...

Hooray!!! I am SO excited for you guys AND that your daughter will have a sister!

Kelli Estes said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations!!!

Sarah Ringer said...

Can't WAIT to meet my new little niece! I love her already!!