THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Dear John, I mean, Jeans



Dear Jeans,

Wow, I don't even know where to start. This is one of the hardest things I've had to do. We've had so much fun together, since that day at the Loft sale rack. Good times, good times... We've seen each other through a lot. And I appreciate that, I do.

It's just that...in a way...a small way...it may be time for us to take a little "break". Please don't think that it's personal. It's just that we've sort of grown apart. Or, I'm growing at least. And it's getting a little 'uncomfortable' when we're together. You're a really great pair of jeans, you are. And you deserve someone who won't stretch out your 99% cotton waistline. That's just not me right now.

I just have a lot going on right now. And when we see each other occasionally, I hope it's not awkward. Please don't feel like you have to avoid me, hiding behind my skinny shirts or under piles of non-stretchy pants. I want us to be on good terms. Who knows? Maybe in a few months things will be different and we can get together again. Right now, we're just not a good "fit."

In short, it's not you, it's me.

Love,

Me

PS: Please don't take it too hard if you see me around town with some hot "stretch panel" jeans. It's just a fling. It won't last.

11 love notes:

Allison said...

Once again, you bring a smile to my face!!!!

Bryner Family said...

You are hilarious! I was so excited to reignite my love affair with my pre-pregnancy jeans. Hooray! You'll get there and have a cute baby on the hip to accessorize! Love ya!

Jessica said...

You are so funny!! I just bought a new pair of jeans today! See what you have to look forward to when that kid comes out? ;)

Jessica said...

It kind of reminds me of a post I did a couple years ago, I'm just not as funny :)
http://myrupfam.blogspot.com/2007/12/bye-bye-blaze.html

Happy Mom said...

You are a hilarious woman!!!! I feel your pain sista!

Karen said...

tee hee hee!

Amy R said...

Love it! My jeans & I are still having a few issues. I thought we'd have worked things out by now...

DanaJKalman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dave&hannah said...

haha oh lady you funny!!! It was so well written.. it's almost as if you've had to write a few of those before, if you know what i mean :) a little experience with breaking hearts huh? been around the block? nice.... :)

Devin & Anisa said...

You are great! I love the slant.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

What can I say besides...hilarious. Seriously.