THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Please help, grateful people

I'm giving a talk about gratitude on Sunday and I'm trying to find a couple poems. I don't know where I heard them (I think in church).

One is about someone who only had ...three(?) hairs and said, Oh, good, I can braid my hair today. The next day they had only two hairs and said, "Oh, good, I can wear ponytails today". And so on.

The other is something to the effect of "Be grateful that you had a great day. If you didn't have a great day, be grateful that you're not sick. If you're sick, be grateful that you're still alive. If you died, be grateful you're in a better place". But, cuter than that.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? Help??

8 love notes:

Amy R said...

Oh, good, I can braid my hair.
Then I can put bows in there.
Oh, good, I'll wear a ponytail.
Then I can can attract a male.

Bryner Family said...

Hey Mel. I found this cute story but couldn't find who wrote it...

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror,
and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.
“Well,” she said, “I think I’ll braid my hair today.” So she did and she had a wonderful day. The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
“Hmmm,” she said, “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today.”
So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.
“Well,” she said, “Today I’m going to wear my hair in a pony tail.”
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up,
looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn’t a single hair on her head.
“YEA!” she exclaimed,
“I don’t have to fix my hair today!”
Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary,for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Live simply,Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly…….
Leave the rest to God Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain!

Bryner Family said...

This is similar to the other one and it's by Buddha! :)

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. (Buddha)

Sybrina said...

I love that story! I might have to blog that! Good luck on your talk! I bet it's gonna be great!

Liam's Mom said...

Good luck on your talk! You'll do wonderfully! Sorry I can't help with the stories. At least you got one! Very cute.

Cory Elvidge said...

Since your questions have already been answered, I will take this time to tell you that the background of your blog would look FABULOUS on dishes! :) :) xo

Devin & Anisa said...

so how did the talk go? Did you find everything you wanted? I'm sure you did well!!

Things' Mommy said...

My talk went well. A little too well, in fact. Poor J had only a few minutes left for his. At least he got his intro in. : )