THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Darndest Things

I'm fully aware that the things that kids say are far funnier to their parents than they are to anyone else (except maybe grandparents), but my kids have been really cracking me up lately. A sampling:

Mommmy: Girlie, your kindergarten Ethnic Feast is on Thursday, and you have to take a food that is special to you.

Girlie: (Looking around the kitchen) Um, bananas are special to me.

Mommy: I was thinking of something more along the lines of, say, eggrolls. You're a quarter Chinese, you know.

Girlie: Okay, I like eggrolls.

(Overheard a minute later)

Sammy: That's cool that you're a quarter Chinese, Girlie.

Girlie: I know.

Sammy: Am I a quarter Chinese too?

Girle: No, you're not. I'm sorry. You're Russian, actually.

____________________________________________________________________
Overheard from the back of the van.

Girlie: Shoot.

Sammy: What does "shoot" mean?

Girlie: Well, shoot is what you say when you forget something.

Sammy: Oh. What did you forget?

Girlie: My umbrella. Shoot.

_____________________________________________________________________
Overheard in the playroom after shoo-ing them from my room.

Sammy: What does 'privacy' mean?

Girlie: Privacy is when you need someone to please get out of your room so that you can finally get dressed.

5 love notes:

Amy R said...

Well, I'm an outside observer, an impartial party, and I say they're ADORABLE. And funny. Very funny. Thanks for sharing.

Aubrey said...

Laugh out loud funny, especially the part about Sam being Russian.

Liam's Mom said...

I love it! They are so dang clever and so so precious! Parent or not, kids are a crack up.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

RUSSIAN...this is soooo funny. I as still laughing. It's better than television...seriously. I LOVE, LOVE, when you can sit and jsut listen to what kids say. Somehow I just hear Josh echoing Russian...russian...it might be in his geneology somewhere. That may be part true.

Cory Elvidge said...

LOL SO funny!!! I can't wait till my little guy starts talking! LOL don't ever stop posting what your kids say, it cracks me up everytime!