THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Only a Week Late

So, yes, we did indeed celebrate Thanksgiving here, too. J's brother and his family came up and we had a marvelous time.

It had me thinking, however. Amidst the only-mildly-controlled chaos that happens to be my life right now, I have a plethora of things to be grateful for. The one that stands out, however, and has stood out all year is this: kind people. I am so grateful, from the bottom of my heart, for the kindness of people all over. This year has been peppered with selfless friends who have lent a hand, an ear, a shoulder during this doozy of a year. My friends and neighbors in St. Louis (and elsewhere), I love you. I truly do. It makes me cry just thinking about you. My eyes are burning right now. I'm grateful for the kindness of strangers/new friends here in Seattle who have made this adjustment possible. People who have gone out of their way to reach out and welcome us to our new home.

So here's to all you angels out there, parading around like you're normal people or something. May the stars align over your heads and the Good Luck Gods smile down upon you. You've touched my heart with your care, your kindness and your compassion. I have fond memories and think of each of you especially during the holidays. I am thankful for YOU. God has blessed me so richly. You mean more than you could ever know.

2 love notes:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Okay, so I haven't read this blog yet, but I will. I am SOOO game for chatting. Today is crazy b/c Dallin is getting baptized on Sat and I'm trying to get meals, beds, house and all that in order. Sunday, or sometime next week is PERFECT. Give me a day and time. Any time like around 12:45 or 1pm is really good for me. Love you LUFF!

Amy R said...

Don't try to make me cry. People ARE so nice. I love people. I know some of the kinds you're talking about.