THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How to Drive a Sporty Little Crossover


How to Drive a Sporty Little Crossover, in 10 Easy Steps.

1--Buy a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, with only 5 miles on it.

2--Start driving it.

3--Have it break down.

4--Have it break down again (repeat as many times as necessary, preferably when your husband is half-way across the world).

5--Get to know the phrase "powertrain control module" so well that you appear to know what you're talking about.

6--Start asking Chrysler for a new car.

7--(And this one takes some doing) Move half-way across the country to continue the fight with Chrysler.

8--Have it break down one final time. This time you may almost swear.

9--At the dealership, look them in the eye and ask them seriously how many more times they are willing to risk your children's lives.

10--Voila! You will find yourself in the driver seat of a (rental) brand new, silver, much hipper than your minivan, Dodge Journey.

6 love notes:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

My dad always says the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Way to stick with it. How frustrating to have a BRAND Spankin new vehicle have so many problems. The word...hmmm...lemon comes to mind. Good lucky my luff and "shhh...just go."

Becky said...

Hi! I couldn't get your email address off the Bargain email thread. My email address is
beckyscole(at)gmail(dot)com. I just checked my calendar and next Tues and Thursday are open for me. We could also get together Monday or Wednesday if you want our #2 kids to play together! (but do boys play with girls??)

I laughed and laughed at your post about the picture on your nightstand. Partially furnished, indeed!

Devin & Anisa said...

Your gift for writing is classic! So now that you have the rental what happens? Are they going to get you a new car or what? Crazy adventures!

Amy R said...

Congrats on the new car!

Laura F said...

Nice! So, what happens next? Will you get a new van? I hear American-made cars may be pretty cheap in the near future...

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Okay, I HAD to comment on your last comment to me...NICE. JOB. GIRLS. I have not thought of that for so long. I am still grinning from ear to ear. I needed that laugh so much this morning. Due to hormones, stress and a bit of drama, this is going to help me through my day. I love you Melynie. Thanks for that boost!