THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Who is this girl??


And what, you may ask, is she doing on my nightstand? Good question. I have an answer for you that will only spawn further questions.

She is on my nightstand because we moved. No, not the whole "moving to Seattle, blah, blah, blah" but moving--again. Yes, again. To a new apartment, owned by Lynda Wong, who, if you were like me, you would assume is a lovely aging Asian woman. You'd be wrong, as I was, because she's actually blonde and blue eyed.

So, you're still wondering why we moved again, this time to a six-month lease. The "whys" would make for boring blogging. So I'm going to tell you that on the cusp of the upheavals that may or may not be wreaked upon us by the new governmental changes, we thought it best to max out our taxpaying dollars and give the United States Post Office Department of Address Forwarding a run for their money.

Now, onto Ms. Wong's ground level condo. The description was "partially furnished" and the rent was affordable, so we moved in. It's beautiful, really it is. Nicely decorated, well kept. The surprising thing is, that while I was expecting beds and some furniture, this place is not exactly "partially furnished." It's more like "hope you don't bring too much junk with you because all of my stuff, sans clothing, is still here." And when I say "stuff" I mean dishes, pots and pans, towels. Then I mean Vicodin in the kitchen cupboards, jewelry in the bathroom drawers, stuffed birds in decorative cages in the sitting room, and coconut body oil on the counter. I also mean grocery store coupons, post it notes with phone numbers inside the cupboard doors, chicken nuggets in the freezer and a full array of condiments (including oyster sauce) that we are "welcome to use." Also, courtesy of the previous tenants, we also had nighties folded under hair-covered pillow and sheets. But I digress.

It is TRULY like Lynda woke up one morning, thought "Hey, why don't I move to Hawaii", packed her clothes and took off. She left everything, including wedding and family pictures that cover our walls, tables, and nightstands. Weird, you're telling me.

And that, friends, is why Lovely Nameless Relative of Lynda Wong is on my nightstand.

8 love notes:

Amy R said...

How funny! Hope you can get to a semblance of comfort living in the middle of all her stuff...

My "5"ever Family said...

Have you watched "Just Like Heaven"?

Chelsea said...

Hey, I called and left a message with the phone number you gave me...Do you still have the same phone numberso we can catch up?

Things' Mommy said...

Anita, is that the one with Reese Witherspoon? I saw it a long time ago, but don't remember it.

Chelsea, we don't have a land line--just cell phones for now. I'll try to call you tomorrow (Sunday). Miss you!!

Devin & Anisa said...

Hmmm - when you said you wanted more adventures in your life were you aware what you were truly asking for? Dev says enjoy the nuggets and the holidays!

Karen said...

Sounds adventurous. Have you thought about some things to leave her when you move out? I'm just sayin'...be creative and it could be volcano-style fun.

The Wrights said...

Gotta love it! Crazy adventures you guys are having! We miss you guys--especially w/ our ornament exchange party this Friday---sure you just can't fly out for that?! (:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Wong...it sounds like names we use to make up. The most exotic and elderly we could thing of...Unis Underarm ringing a bell?