THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

"I Sink You Smell Like Woses"

That's Sammy's latest way into my heart. It's quite effective. Even after one of his many Sofa Gymnastics Extravaganzas.

As you may or may not be aware, we've been a bit of a medical circus as of late. In the last 2 weeks we've had: 1 trip to the ER (following the 911 call), 2 trips to Urgent Care, 2 follow up doctors visits, a case of croup, a bout with pneumonia, three kids with fevers (as high as 103.3), and some resulting exhaustion. And a partridge in a pear tree. And while it is overwhelmingly stressful, it also makes for some funny pretend play. As follows:

"Okay, I am the doctor. Sammy, you are the patient."
"Okay, but I need my hospital bracelet."
"That one is mine. Yours is right here." (these are real, by the way) Girlie instructs us to please sign in in the notebook.
"Do you have the insurance card?"

"So, patient, what seems to be the problem?"
"Um, I'm sick."
"Well, what fluids have you been drinking? You need to drink lots of fluids. Uh, oh, your temperature is 103. I will call 991 and have the ambulance come and get you."
"But I already went to the urgent care."
"Well, let's take a picture of your chest." (x-ray)
"Take a picture with the fer-monitor." (thermometer)

The fer-monitor is used for the x-ray.

"Oh boy. Your lungs look a little cloudy."
"Okay, and then I can have my an-tin-bio-kics?" (antibiotics)

And so on, and so forth. It is funny and so sad simultaneously. I try to pick laughing over crying though, per Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's instructions. And, did I happen to mention that J just left for a full week in Hong Kong? He was invited to go, which was great...the timing just wasn't all that convenient. But, being the good wife I am, I gave him my blessing. In exchange for the price of a mere Burberry handbag.

Ah. This too shall pass. And I'll be a stronger person for it. A stronger person carrying a Burberry handbag. And smelling like woses.

5 love notes:

Amy R said...

That's SO precious!

Becky said...

Hi...it's Becky from your ward! I remembered your blog address. Your kids are cute! Sorry you guys have been sick! The schools around here have so many days off coming up...we would love to have you over for a playdate soon. Let me know! I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog!
Here's ours:
(jonandbeckycole.spaces.live.com)

Aubrey said...

I love your blog entries. You're a great writer! Your kids are so sweet. I'm so sorry you guys have been so sick lately. I'm especially sorry if they got the fever illness from me. It was so strange. I hope you're all feeling better now. Microsoft is giving free flu shots to employees and their spouses at various locations on Microsoft's campus this month. I got mine on Friday. The kids' flu shots should be free at the pediatrician's office (gotta love Microsoft's insurance). See you soon.

Devin & Anisa said...

Is this your way to check out the organization of your ward? I hope things are slowing down this week. I know it will pass but sometimes it stinks being in the middle of it!

The Wrights said...

So sorry that you guys have had a rough few weeks ): But, yes the stories are so cute--I'd give them a squeeze if I could! Good luck the rest of this week.