THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our First Seattle Adventure








Leslie, I found him. And gave him your love.











Clearly, we had a lot of fun this weekend. First, it was actually SUNNY and gorgeous. Seattle is sooooo beautiful. This whole place makes me feel like I should be carrying a paper grocery bag with fresh flowers and baguettes sticking out. It's just that romantic. We went to Pike Place Market down by the waterfront. It is a historic place, full of charm and flavor. There were fresh fish on ice, bunches of fresh flowers (the bouquet I'm holding was only $8), all kinds of produce. We enjoyed a couple bags of salt water taffy. We also spent a nice time at IKEA before heading to Snoqualmie Falls (okay, truth be told, we ended up at the falls by accident). They were really spectacular. The fall colors are breathtaking. This weekend was the first moment that I said, "Okay, I'm really glad we moved here." Then on Sunday, we got to hang out and feast on Chinese food with one of my best friends/BYU roommates, Aubrey and her family (who just happens to have moved here a couple weeks before we did). It was a complete blast and our kids had so much fun together. How lucky we are!

10 love notes:

Aubrey said...

Such beautiful pictures! We'll have to venture into Seattle one of these days when I'm feeling brave. I'm so, so glad that you guys are here. It is such a blessing to our family. We'll see you after school (about 2:00pm).

Bryner Family said...

Wow, those pictures make me want to move there! :) Such dazzling scenery. I'm glad you are settling in and loving it there.

Amy R said...

Okay, I'm jealous. I went to Pike Pl. market many years ago & still remember the feeling of that place. So glad you're having lots of fun.

Laura F said...

So fun! I'm glad it was beautiful weather for you! Just because I'm the kind of person I am, I've arranged to send you another friend in a few weeks - her husband got his MBA in April and they just now signed with Microsoft, too and are in the same boat with their family that you are - temporary corporate housing while they look, living in boxes, etc. I'll send you her email address, but I have a feeling you'll have lots to talk about! Okay, maybe I didn't "arrange" it, but what a fabulous coincidence, right? :-)

Devin & Anisa said...

amazing pictures! You're so good at that. It was great to see the kids too. Good job enjoying your new adventure!

JustusFam said...

Well, I was going to say something nice and cute but then read what you wrote on my blog...I AM NOT HAVING ANY MORE BABIES!!!!
So anyways, I was really surpised to see nice blue skies in the pictures. Your right the fall colors are beautiful...we are not getting many colors here.

Karen said...

Give Aubs my love...I miss you both!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

You and McDreamy look good together!!!

hilary said...

Great pic of you and little red! He's so BIG!! I didn't hear about Girlie's rocker boyfriend. Then again, big shocker as far as me and family news... :)

Holly said...

I loved living in Seattle, there was always so much to do as a family. Looking at all your wonderful pictures made me miss all those great places. We just might have to come visit you someday.