THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where'd the Summer Go??


So, clearly we've been busy. Last post, Little Red had just joined our family. Now, he's two months old and weighing in at a whopping 14 lbs and 23 inches long. He's at that adorable chubby baby stage where it looks like he has rubber bands around his wrist and his thighs look like a little stack of tires. I could just eat him up.

He's a fantastic baby. One of those "angel babies" J and I have only ever heard about. He is happy as can be, usually, and has a gummy grin that fills his whole double-chinned face. He loves his sleep (must get that from me), and goes to sleep for the night at about 9:30/10:00 p.m. This morning we had to wake him up to nurse at 7:00 a.m.

A lot has happened this past little while. J took a two week vacation, I mean, business trip to China and Hong Kong. It was a fabulous experience. He had a great time and brought back lots of treats for everyone. The kids and I stayed down in Kansas with Grandma and Grandpa the whole time, where we got to see all of my siblings except Mr. and Mrs. Las Vegas. The kids had a blast playing with everyone, taking summer classes (Tinkerbell, Tumbling, Thomas the Tank Engine, Musical Instruments, and Ballet), swimming, going to the park, and visiting Grandpa's "foot office."

Girlie is set to start KINDERGARTEN next month. Very, very big, traumatic time for me. She's revvin' to go, I'm having bad dreams about the bus. The only things I'm looking forward to are buying school supplies (why is that always so fun for me?) and the outfits. I do love to dress her. I've always thought that if another daughter isn't in the cards for me, at least the one I have is as sweet and girlie as I could ever want. Little diva, she does wardrobe changes at least hourly. Sometimes more. ...Not sure how she's going to handle staying in one outfit for an entire afternoon at school...

Sam Sam is as wild as ever. He's making up for Girlie never doing the whole "terrible twos" thing. He's full of life, energy, enthusiasm. One volume: LOUD. One speed: FAST. One way: HIS. He keeps things fun and interesting. He adores "his baby." He loves him very...vigorously. Several times a day he comes up and says, "Mommy, I just love my baby."

I've just started getting out to playgroups, church, running errands with all three kids. It's actually going okay. We've even done a couple movies, including Wall-E. Sam Sam does Wall-E's "Eve-a!!" imitation perfectly and it's hilarious. Anyway, we've started to get into the groove of life, then I look up and think, "Where'd the summer go??"

2 love notes:

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

It's so great to hear that things are going well! What a super mom you are! Glad Red is an angel for you.

Sad about the school days for Girlie. I would be having anxiety over it too.

Sam Sam's paragraph made me laugh!!!!!!! You described my son perfectly minus the my baby bit. Too funny!

Ruthalicious said...

Hahaha! IT's funny 'cause it's true!